Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #21
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw

Looks like my friend "Wordsmith" is at one end of the scale and I am at the other. I thought I might take the prize for oldest member but the birthday of ols1932 must be a bit before mine. I note his handle includes "1932". That is a familiar date to me since I was born in October of 1932.

So I may not get the prize, but I'm close. Of course, I married a child bride, so I won't comment on that aspect, though (if you can keep a secret) our average puts us just ahead of Mr. and Mrs. ols1932.

At our age that is something to boast about. I have qualified for "free skiing" for the past three seasons and look forward to continuing. On the inside we feel as young as J.D. and Marsha though the "outside" gives us away. The campground hosts smile as they say, "Is anyone in your party over 65?" The smile and the question are simply polite ways to avoid offense, but we value the courtesy of both.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #22
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Hi! You are only as old as you feel! Sharon sometimes thinks I'm 17! We just got a yellow miata roadster! I'm 59 and sharon is 61. We've been married 38 years and have 3 wonderful grandchildren. Both been retired now for a year! Camping a lot! God bless!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #23
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
We are both 63 I am 25 days the senior. We will celabtate 46 yrs together 9 19 05 am a disabled coal miner. Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:15 AM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]
Looks like my friend "Wordsmith" is at one end of the scale and I am at the other. I thought I might take the prize for oldest member but the birthday of ols1932 must be a bit before mine. I note his handle includes "1932". That is a familiar date to me since I was born in October of 1932.
Haven't got you beat by much. My birthday is in March 1932. But I feel like I can still do what I did when I was 25. I just can't remember what it was
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:01 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I don't know how old I am.I am not even sure I am me because when I look in the mirror I don't see anyone I know..Helen is very young although we have been married about 125 years. We have several kids, several Grandkids and one great grand kid.I don't remember any of their names.I am retired from the federal Government after 40 years which may explain why I don't know anything.I don't remember what I did but it was very important.Helen retires in one year and she says we are going to do a lot of things and have a lot of fun but she won't tell me what kind of things or what kind of fun.We just bought a big new truck and we are going to buy a big new Montana RV so it may have something to do with camping????

To be serious ..I am 65 Helen is 54 and counting down to retirement.She is a Federal Employee also. I do know all the names but sometimes get them mixed up, at one family gathering they all showed up with name tags that said..Grandpa, my name is______ We have not been married 125 years but it has been over 25 years but it seems like yesterday (she might read this). We are both in excellent health, no problems what-so-ever and hope we can keep that up.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #26
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
David, From my POV, you and Shirley are VERY young! Age as we typically look at is just a couple of numerals—well, one for John —but how you act is the TRUE determiner of age. From that perspective, and given how you and Shirley travel around, you are both quite young!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #27
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
50 / 50 here. Going on 30 years together next year. We have 2 kids,, son in Minneapolis area and daughter in Tucson. Jo is retiring in a year or so. She is under plenty of stress at the Hospital (QA Director and Clinic Manager). I think she wants to do some good old fashioned floor nursing. I plan on retiring in about 4.5 yrs and I hope to do some part time consulting work in the summers and be a snowbird in the winter. Anyway, all the best to you Janet and you too Jack. My boss's wife went through that finishing her radiation in May. They are in London for meetings and she seems to be doing wonderful. Hope you keep us all posted with the progress of the treatments and use us for support. Wishing you both all the best.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I will be 65 8/31 and Ed will be 63 12/16. If I was free of pain, I would feel very young yet and I agree there is some strange lady in my mirror. Hopefully new doctors will help. Janet my prayers are with you. Some one up there mention thyroid cancer. My oldest daughter had thyroid cancer and the nuclear treatment that followed about six years ago and she is doing great.
Happy trails.............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, let's see. I've enjoyed reading this thread so will chime in and say I am 58 and Vicki is 55. I retired three years and 2 1/2 months ago, 5 weeks after I turned 55. Vicki continued to work for the next 9 months while I worked on fixing our broken basement and preparing the house for sale. Then she quit her job in January, 2003, at age 53. Closed on the house in March of that year and started our fulltiming a few days later. And have had a very enjoyable fulltiming life. We have three children and four granddaughters. Saturday is the youngest's 2nd birthday. Next month the oldest will be 16. We enjoy the dickens out of each one of them.

Pete Alford, enjoyed your "adventure" page and noticed you were at the Austin Lone Star. We enjoyed a month there in January, 2004, and saw many of the sights you enjoyed.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #30
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am 26. Hoping to retire by 55, but only time will tell. Would sure like to use the coach more than I do, but enjoy every minute of the rv'ing experience.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:23 PM   #31
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Well, an interesting thread. I'm a bit surprised that the average age is less than I would have suspected. Anyway, I am 67 and Donna is not. We have been married for 41 years, have 3 children, all married, 2 grandchildren and one more on the way.

I guess my view of the average age is skewed by the fact that we do most of our camping in the winter with the Snowbird crowd.

Our best wishes for good health for everybody.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #32
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
After just turning 74 and Jeanne 71 we find this little ditty quite true:

My Get Up And Go Has Got Up And Went

How do I know my youth is all spent?

Well, my get-up-and-go has got-up-and-went!

But in spite of it all I'm able to grin when,

I think of where my get-up-and-go has been.

Old age is golden, so I've heard it said.

But sometimes I wonder as I get into bed.

With ears in a drawer, my teeth in a cup,

My eyes on the table until I wake up.

Ere sleep dim my eyes, I say to myself,

Is there anything else I should have laid on the shelf?

I'm happy to say as I close my door,

My friends are the same, perhaps even more.

When I was young my slippers were red.

I could kick my heels right over my head.

When I grew older my slippers were blue,

But still I could dance the whole night through.

Now I am old my slippers are black.

I walk to the store and puff my way back.

The reason I know my youth is all spent.

My get up and go has got up and went.

But really don't mind when I think with a grin,

Of the grand places my get up and go has been.

Since I've retired from life's competition,

I busy myself with complete repetition.

I get up each morning, dust off my wits,

Pick up the paper and read the obits.

If my name is missing I know I'm not dead.

So I eat a good breakfast and go back to bed.

~ author unknown ~

Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, we are stunned. We both would have guessed you are several years younger than that. And we're downright postive Donna is!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:08 AM   #34
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
A very interesting thread. I'm 51 and Terrie will be catching up shortly. We have two sons and two daughters and one grandson. Best of health to all fighting life's ailments. As we get older, it is a challenge to stay healthy. I can say that I do everything I used to, only slower. I like the comment about long timing instead of full timing. Too much stuff to go without a house, but we certainly want to spend lots of time traveling. The Montana will be our home on our longest trip ever - three weeks starting tomorrow. We will be going to Colorado, then Texas/Mexico for work and then home. Thanks to everyone for sharing.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:40 AM   #35
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Betty is 61 and I'm 16 (sometimes she tells me I'm dyslexic? and wonders when I will grow up?) Anyway, I've been retired for almost 5 years and Bet is semi-retired. She has a work environment that allows her to work when she wants to thus we can travel as we want. We have two daughters and 4 grandkids with a 5th one on the way...due in February. I think this will delay our winter departure from the east (Fact is - I know it will! Bet has told me so!).

Steve
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:45 AM   #36
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
I'm 59 retired one year, sue is 66 retired three years. Been hitched 26 yrs. 6 children, 11 grandchildren.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:44 AM   #37
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Steve and Betty, that's another stunner. Neither of you look anywhere close to 61!
Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #38
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don is 61 and I am 62. Yeah I married a younger man! LOL Actually I am almost 2 years older than Don. He was born in June 1944 and I was born in Oct 1942.
Don retires next June. We can hardly wait. We are not going full time but can be away for 2 or 3 months or maybe even 6 months!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #39
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Roy is 60 and I am 365 days younger. We have been married 38+ years. I envy all of you who can or have retired earlier than age 65. I don't think that is going to happen with us. We try to get away as much as we can in our Montana, but it is only weekends for now. We are taking lots of notes for the time we get to take off for a long trip.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #40
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Bob is 66 and Myrna is 64 (almost 65). Bob retired 3 months, Myrna has 2 months (20 working days) to go (but who is counting). Officially fulltiming as of this week. Reduced to a PO Box and feel like gypsies. We have 2 sons and 2 grandsons. Moving to Texas end of August (where the grandsons live).
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote