Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Just a couple suggestions....

Last September one of the events that went over real well was a sho & tell where the individual MOCers were able to show off some of their improvements to their rigs, both trailer and truck. I was thinking this could be repeated again this year.

And..
As fulltimers we must be ever watchful of how much stuff we accumulate and we, like I am sure others, have accumulated a bit too much. My rig needs to be put on a serious diet and I was thinking about doing a yard sale one morning during the rally.
So, how about a yard sale??? Just a suggestion that on one of the days of the rally we could have a yard sale. We could possibly do this in conjunction with the sho & tell.

Anyone interesed??

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Show and tell is a good idea Glenn. It went over real well last year. I think the only complaint I heard was that it didn't last long enough and people didn't get a chance to see all the changes that people had made. I know I have made a number of changes due to what we saw at the last rally.
Glenn, if I remember correctly you had a yard sale last year. You just want an opportunity to pick up some more stuff to store in the basement. Out with the old...in with the new.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
Potvin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2193
Send a message via MSN to Potvin
I think a yard sale would go over well. I don’t really have anything that I want to sell as my Monty has been on a diet but I would probably buy something to fatten her up. Rver’s always have some neat gadgets and some times you don’t use what you have but other people would.

Glenn , as you would remember when we were at the Northeastern rally all the men did show and tell on the exterior and basement and all the women were showing off what they have done on the inside as far as decorating. Another great idea.

Potvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:50 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Sounds like good ideas to me!

Steve
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:48 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Show and tell is fun, need to do as a progressive dinner type idea??? Suggestion. Trouble last year is we had so many great rigs and someone had to stay with the rigs that were open and we did not get to see them all. Progressive allows rigs to be closed, but, managing a crowd of 20 or more at a time, someone else might have a way to manage that.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

I was thinking about doing a yard sale one morning during the rally.
So, how about a yard sale??? Just a suggestion that on one of the days of the rally we could have a yard sale. We could possibly do this in conjunction with the sho & tell.

Anyone interesed??
Show and Tell and Yard Sale are both good ideas. (Can I bring all our junk from home? )
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:37 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
(Can I bring all our junk from home? )
[/quote]

John: Sometimes I feel like I already have all our junk from home with me in the basement. Especially when I try to put something else in.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Glenn, you know we love to show our Montys and any changes we've made to them. Again this year, why don't we make lists of our changes and post them on the outside of our units so it will be easier for people to see what they are. I have made some this summer and have a couple more to do before we go to Indiana. As for the yard sale, let's go for it, sounds like fun!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:17 AM   #9
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
I think a show-and-tell is a great idea! Everyone will get a charge out of my Porta-Bote and how we haul it. Also being new to all this RVing, I am curious to see some upgrades.
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #10
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Glenn & Lorraine - As you will see, I've posted a new thread about the Show 'n Tell event, which I volunteered to organize. I love your idea for a yard sale, but I think it should be separate. Why don't you pick a time for it and put out the word? I'm trying to put my rig on a diet *before* I head east, so I may not have anything to sell/offer for free, but I might be tempted by other people's goodies! One person's trash is another person's treasure!

Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote