Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Dryer Lint collection

Check the cavity that holds the lint collection screen. Today for some reason I took a flashlight and looked down into the lint cavity (yes the screen was out). I found over a cup of lint in the bottom. I got the vacuum hose and chisled wand to remove it. One penny, one coax F barrel for tv splice and lots of wadded paper and lint. Oh yes the vacuum had to suck up the wrist string attached to the AA mag light because it feel down in there too. Such is life.

Just another thing to check monthly. Yes I clean the lint screen after each load.

Safe travels all.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Your post gave me a good laugh when I got to the list of items you discovered while cleaning that cavity! I have to clean the filters and cavities of the three dryers at this RV park, and among other things, I've collected $1.07 in change. Maybe I'll donate it to our diesel fund.

Carolyn
Park Host at Matagorda Bay Nature Center RV Park, Matagorda, Texas
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Take that lint, put it in the pockets of a paper egg carton, top with parafin wax. Tear one off at a time for excellent fire starter.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Just another hint for all of you with the w/d in you units. If you use dryer sheets, about once a month or so take that lint screen and scrub it with an old tooth brush and some Dawn dishsoap. The dryer sheets leave a coating on the lint screen and will slowly plug the screen making the dryer work harder to dry your clothes and take longer to dry your clothes.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote