Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #41
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Jay, you are a wise and thoughtful man. We need to stop sometimes, take a deep breath and take a chill pill don't we?

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #42
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Well, the turn I have to make to get in my property parking place is a tight 90 degree turn on top of a hill at a crossroads. I was backing the trailer in, the 2 drivers side trailer tires were in a muddy ditch about 6" deep, the right truck tire was on the ledge of the asphalt road with about 9"-10" of drop off, I was getting out of the truck to check the truck tire, Sue was blocking traffic coming up the hill (a blind spot) and... there was traffic I was holding up in front of me. I can't pull foreword, that road goes down a steep hill, my truck would not be able to back the trailer from that way.
It is threading the needle every time I do it. I had the truck away about 4" from touching the window, got out, checked the tire location, motioned to the backed up traffic I would be done in a few minutes, and when I got in and backed up...Bam, the window exploded. The muddy ditch lowered that side of the trailer I guess, and I wasn't perfectly in place.
Oh, and I can't enter from the other direction, the turns are too steep.
Not easy being the Ozzman....

Hey, Ozz, the Google pictures are great. I even see the Montana parked at your house. I’m assuming the house directly beside the Montana is where you live. Pictures don't always show a true perspective but would you be able to turn in just the opposite of how your Monty is parked in the photo and then make a U-turn into your drive? If so then maybe you could possibly pull straight out of your drive. Of course if there is room I realize you would have to modify a few things but if I lived there and there is room I would be tempted to look into a circle drive for the Monty or something similar to avoid the backing problem you have.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #43
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Time to plan your next trip!!
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #44
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It is chiseled in granite, rain, shine, broke, fixed, not fixed, we are headed out to Tonopah, and my mountain (Saddle Mountain) in October.
I'm going for it, we never know when our health will go, I ain't waitin.
(I love your fb page)
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote