Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2009, 04:13 AM   #1
timdenchanter
Established Member

M.O.C. #9772
Advice on Disney World

We have reservations for Disney World Fort Wilderness Park the first week in May 2010. Would appreciate any advice anyone may have about Disney World. We have done some research on "must see and do" things but we are interested in things to beware of and things to avoid. Any suggestions?

Tim in Katy, Texas

timdenchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Tim I would suggest you PM Richfaa, I would think he might be able to give some suggestions. I think his DW is working there now. GBY......
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Be careful because some of the characters there are Goofy. (groan)
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Question # 1/ is your stay at Ft Wilderness part of a package you have already purchased because Ft Wilderness is really expensive.

#2 Have you already purchased a Disney package of any kind???

The primary thing to beware of is to pay to much for a Disney package. Give us as much information as you wish.. PM us if you want to do it that way.. We will help in any way we can..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Yes tom,...and some who are not goofy are daffy. I am afraid if I go they wont let me out.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
timdenchanter
Established Member

M.O.C. #9772
Thanks for your input.

Our daughter and son-in-law already bought the Fort Wilderness reservation for us. They will be staying in one of the hotels inside WDW and they want us nearby when it gets close to nap time for their two youngest who will be 20 months old and three years old in May. No other package has been purchased that I am aware of at this time.

We will certainly be on the lookout for any characters of the daffy and/or goofy persuasion.

Tim in Katy, Texas
timdenchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Purchasing a package and staying on the park grounds is not a bad idea..particulary with small children. Things are slow at Disney and there are many good prices on park packages.. here are the "regular" no discout prices for the park.

79.00 admission, 52.00 park hopper that means you can get into all the parks and 15.00 parking...that is 131.000 per day..per person. plus parking. That does not include lodgings or meals. A park package will usually include.. Admission, park hopper and a meal plan is optional and not a bad idea. If you stay at Ft Wilderness you are on the park so the is no daily parking fee and transportantion to and from all the parks is free. Give us a PM for any questions...
Old 12-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Just to put my 2 cents in (and you don't get much at WDW for 2 cents!) yes, Ft Wilderness is expensive at about $60 a day, but it is the cheapest way to stay on campus, and you are treated as any other hotel guest. And it is a great retreat from a day full of hustle and bustle with Mickey and the gang!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
All good advice so far. I highly recommend the Disney Dining Plan - one of the better values in Disney. Also, as Rich mentioned - staying on property is good as you can take the free Disney transportation (bus/monorail/boat) to and from parks and other attractions (such as the high end resorts like the Grand Floridian, Fort Wilderness Lodge, etc for the decor).

Parks: Strongly recommend you do NOT try to take in more than two of the four parks in one day. I have done 4 parks in one day twice with guests, out of absolute necessity only. You will physically pay for this attempt. One park per day with a "tour guide" - like your daughter or SIL, if they are familiar. This will save a ton of time on this 43 square mile property.

May will start to get rather steamy down here. Suggest taking an afternoon break/nap then hitting the concrete again - and there is a lot of that - in the late afternoon and evening. You will need a GOOD pair of walking shoes and some spare bandaids to prevent blisters. A lot of people come out of the parks limping. Don't mean to worry you - just be prepared for hiking for several hours on concrete.

Check closely on park closing times as they fluctuate greatly from day to day many times of the year - except Epcot (where I work). For on property resort guests (includes Ft Wilderness Campground), there are Extra Magic Hours - either morning or night, which provides a time period in the parks for resort guests only.

This can be a memorable experience. Have a Magical Day!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave is always the Disney cast member.. We are not here in May or we would offer to be your guide. Dave is also gone by then. His advice is right on. Take a minimum the 4 day package. For us 2 parks in a day is a task. IMO it takes 10 hours per park. This is our 3rd season and we just covered all attractions in EPCOT.. This is a bigggggg place.. Disney does not skimp on the food but it is very expensive. Helen is a cashier at more than one Disney restaurant in the Magic Kingdom and the dinning plan is a bargain. Everything in the park is expensive...
Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #11
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
As a note, if anyone in your group are Floridians, package specials are often available to them with proper ID, such as a driver license.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #12
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Thread Diversion is in effect!!!

I can remember going to Disney Land in the 60's when Walt was still kicking, and it was quite reasonable. It was a bit more expensive than regular amusement parks (of the day), but not outlandish. I bet Old Walt is spinning in his grave.

Thread Diversion has been turned off!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote