Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Trailer LIfe and Keystone

Anyone besides me notice the total lack of info on any Keystone 5th wheels in the latest TL edition which featured all the "New" 2007 models?

Best selling RVs in the industry, and a new (well, sort of) rig introduced (the Big Sky) and nary a word on any of the product line!! I think I'll take another look at them for "unbiased" info from now on!!

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
patodonn, I guess I looked at it as Heh, look, Keystone had a 5er in Trailer Life mag this month! Especially when I now look at the article and this was about the Louisville Ky, a huge, huge show and the mag had only 20 manufacturers featured. By the way, this show is for dealers only, not open to the public. There was a lot of different factorys represented there and we did get something to crow about that a lot of the factorys did not. But if you want to see a future article about the Montana line, we need to start writing to the editors asking them to do so.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:37 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I think part of it is that Keystone does not advertise through TL. That has to have some bias on the articles. The Big Sky was pictured and described in the new model lineup this month.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am not really shocked. There is a lot of politics in the industry. With "Brand Image" some companies will not take part in some events and will take part in others. At least we just get to enjoy the best built units in the industry without having to deal with all the stuff they have to.
The way I see it.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
If you expect an honest opinion from TL, I would advise not holding your breath while waiting. Thier articles are little more than paid advertising from what I have read( I am a subscriber,IMHO you can learn more from the ads than from the articles). No wages, no pages.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I look at it this way. Keystone (Montana) is #1 for five years with no ads in TL. Therefore, the other guys have to advertise to try and catch up with Montana. We enjoy TL and have for the last 15 years or more. We made our decision on the Montana based on first hand knowledge, didn't need TL to tell us what the best unit for us was.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:03 AM   #7
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
OK, OK...color me with the "idiot" crayon this week. The "latest" edition of
TL I referred to was the March one, which featured about 100 MHs, trailers and 5ers in small pictures, diagrams and specs. So, I get my April edition and, lo and behold, there is the Big Sky in dead center of the article.

I think my comment re lack of Keystone "stuff" in TL remains valid, in general...anyhow, TL, I'm was in error with that particular comment..sorry 'bout that...

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Now let's put all of this in perspective.
Trailer Life is owned by The Affinity Group
Camping world is owned by The Affinity Group
Camping World owns Freedom Roads
Freedom Roads sells all types RV's
Freedom Roads can benefit big time when Trailer Life promotes Freedom Road's main product lines.

Affinity Group Brands
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
As one of my favorite talk radio hosts likes to say..."Follow the Money!"
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote