Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #21
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Being a grandparent is wonderful.

H

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Congratulations!

Now I'm getting scared, we have a LARGE bee that has been hovering in front of our window for about 4 days, hope we don't have a nest.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #23
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Vicki-- We have had the same thing here in our stick in Omaha. Come to find out, it was a male robin and since it was that time of year for them to mate they would see their own reflection in the window/s and attack it because it was trying to ward off any competition. It happened to us two years straight and it was because the sun was at the correct angle causing the window to become a mirror and would reflect the robin's image in it. That robin left quite a mess on the window and the siding until it finally realized it himself. TALK ABOUT BEING A BIRDBRAIN! LOL We did raise the inside shade so it wouldn't reflect the sun quite as much and that did help also! If you have any reflectant on your windows that could be part of the problem also causing it to create a mirror image!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #24
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Vicki

Congrats on being new grandparents, that red bellied terrorist has great taste in bedrooms. Take a Montana any day over a boring green tree!

At least you know WHY she is so insistant.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #25
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
What's going on??? This morning, kept hearing some banging while getting dressed for work. Went outside, and all over the 5th pin and mailbox (mounted on the hitch) are mud streaks, and bird droppings. I looked at the "hookup mirror", and there's mud all over it as well. Then the culprit showed up... Yep - Male Robin!!

Man - he's made a heck of a mess! Gotta figure out how to keep them from nesting in the 5th hitch!
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 AM   #26
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Carry a cat with you when you go out of the RV, it will be a good deversion the bird will go after the cat instead.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #27
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ok Vicki,

Did you send that Robin to Michigan??

I kept hearing this noise, I kid you not. And, of course, our alarm system, errrrr Gallagher, guard dog supreme heard it too.

Stepped out on the deck, looked towards sound, and I'll be danged, there is a Robin tapping at the basement window on the stick built house, wanting in right bad like. It, had been there a while tapping as there are those little tale tell white spots all over the window casement. ewwww

I am suprised that red bellied terrorist did not knock it's brains out, as hard as it was pecking and tapping and flying into that window.

Gehhhhhhhhssssshhhhh!

Another first in life.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Vicki,
Has the bird attacked your pickup rim covers? I walked outside two days ago and there was a bird attacking the chrome wheel cover. It was intertaining for about 10 minutes. I sprayed some "Super Red Hot" spray we use on the horse stalls on my tires. I think the smell has drove hom off.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote