Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
RLS or rest less leg anyone got it

so has anyone got restless leg yet ,, i have had it for about 5 years but bad about 1 1/2 years ,, how do you cope ,, sailer

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Sailer, I have had it for so long I cannot remember just when I got it. I suffer with it all the time, the back of my legs will hurt and pull so bad I cannot sit still or sleep. I do a lot of stretching on them and as I am typing this it is hard for me to sit still. I have seen on TV that there is a Med. that is suppose to help but I have not yet tried it. Tell me what you do to cope with it.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sailer,
DW tells me all the time I need to rest my legs less. Go figure. I don't know how to tell her I can't get rid of it, that it is actually a disabling disease that affects me any time there are "HONEY DO" projects!!! Best way I cope is to try to keep out of her direct line of sight!!! Sorry for the jokes, but couldn't resist. As a sufferer of Sciatica from a herniated disc, I pity anyone who has any problems associated with their legs.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Diagnosed?? not sure, a chiropractor of mine many years ago and I were discussing my not being able to sleep. I would sleep (pass out from exhaustion) for about 1.5 hours every night, then wake and stay awake for the next 6 or 7 hours, then time to get up.

He suggested a mineral suppliment. He mentioned a specific mineral.

I believe from reading the rules of this part of the forum, that I am not allowed to mention the treatment. I guess that means you need to Email me if you want to know which suppliment. Or, if I can mention it here, maybe a moderator will email me and tell me it is OK to do so.

Anyway, that worked for me, after just one or two doses, the leg creepy crawly stuff stopped, and I have slept fine every since.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I have a friend that has that real bad, doctor prescribed that medication that was on TV and she is all better. Sleeps like a baby.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
The medication is called Requip. A lot of doctors also use Klonopin, which is for anxiety. If I have broken any rules I apologize, but I did not read them
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen has that..Her leg will at times kick me in the butt and she says....RLS,RLS....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Klonipin is used for seizures also. DW uses it and it seems to help some. Also has a dang bar of soap in bed . Good Lord.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
If you go on restless legs on the net , i tried the soad in bed and all but had to finaly go to a neorolegst to get but the requip is not the best but i use requip 1 mg after i use clonazepam sub for klonopin and i have to get 1/2mlg in by 8;00pm and the requip 1 hr later or walk the floor till 2 am or so , you can walk it off if you walk enough but after 1/1/2 hrs of walking in the house you get tired and fall asleap anyway ,, its a new thing in the last 5 years or so and lots of people have it but don't own up to it ,,, i sat in 1 doc office last year and he is testing me and questions for 1 hr ,, at the end he looks at me and says ,, you know what , i said what,, you have restless leg ,, i walked out and never looked back ,, got a new doc ,,, sailer
Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
When I worked for a Dr we used a drug called cenament. (Not sure of spelling). Only way to diagnose this correctly is through sleep study. You also find out if you have sleep apnea also.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:50 AM   #11
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
I was dianosed with possibly a variant of RLS or pheripheral neuropathy - I do not fit any of the risk factors that go with it (diabetes, chemo, etc.) so.....after 10 days on sinemet (which affects your brain
and is used for Parkinson's) I read the side effects of that drug and said forget it! I had a sneaky hunch all along that it had something to do with the statin drug I was taking for cholesteral so I quit taking both the statin and the sinemet - symptoms are now GONE!!! The gal at the health food store said of course they may be connected as the statins take the potassium out of your body which causes leg cramps, burning sensation, crawlies - each body is different, but this worked for me - watching the diet for my cholesteral and taking my fish oil!! Good luck!

Suzanne

refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:22 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Many of use have to take prescription drugs, Helen has a cholesterol problem,I note from all the TV ad's on drugs that each one has a list of "side effects" well there is a pill for each of the listed side effects and each of those pills has a list of side effects and there is a pill for each of those side effects and on and on it goes. If one takes 5 or 6 meds a day who watches for all the side effects that each of them generate and the effect on the individual????? I am very fortunate , at my age, due to good family genes, that I do not take a single prescription med and hope that will continue. When a doctor does prescribe a med for any reason they are grilled un mercifully as to its effect and side effect. I learned that from my our old family GP years ago and apply it to this day.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I thought you said early helen had RLS ,, Does she not take anything , The reason for asking is requip is doing less all the time to stop the RLS as the best i and my doc have found is the klonopin but i take a sub for that which is clonazepam and it is very reasonable in relation to klonopin..
Old 06-06-2008, 03:09 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
sailer..The post was not serious.. Helen just Kicks me every once in a while////
Old 06-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I have had RLS for a long long time. I have other family members who also are affected by it. I have tried the bar of soap and other meds to no avail. I am heading back to the doctor this week b/c it is worsen so much...
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #16
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
campbud ,, you will have to get to a neuroligist,, spelling,, as he is the guy to realy get it straightened out , at least thats what i found,,,, sailer
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #17
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
RLS is sneaky and robs everyone of sleep. I take Quinine for my symptoms.

Be sure to see the neurologist, get a sleep study, get a nerve induction test for both the legs AND BACK, check your cholesterol, check your sugars (A1c), check potassium/sodium levels, then put the results together with your rheumatologist and get a diagnosis. Having similar problems, I suffered for decades with leg/back pain w/o diagnosis. It took all those tests, plus at least 8 more to finally get a diagnosis.

If you want relief, be ready for the battery of tests to come!
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote