Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #41
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Dusty,

I believe Lon has moved on, or retired. He was such a nice man.

I would try asking for Darrell, also a very very nice man!
You're certainly right about how nice Lon Nelson was. However, you're also right about him being gone. Some say he was too nice, but I don't think you can be too nice in a Customer Service role.

Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #42
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Lon was the best. He gave a great Seminar at the Great Lakes Rally in Goshen. I'm sure he is greatly missed.

Darrell is also a great guy. When we were at the Service Center we found all the people to be pretty darn nice. The CSRs on the phone were so busy and I've been a CSR before, worked at an Answering Service and in the Restaurant Bar business for years. I know how stressful all those jobs can be. I also know how some people can get frustrated and sometimes ugly with employees trying to do their jobs within the guidelines the companies set forth.

I think there is some real wisdom in what Carol said:

Quote:
quote:Why don't customers get treated the same?? Have no idea, but we must always remember to add in the human factor, maybe the person we are dealing with just found out their child has cancer or needs to have heart surgery. We may never know why we call and get different responses/reactions.
My Grandma always used to say "Kill 'em with kindness." I try to always be kind whether I am dealing with a customer or I am a customer. Does it always work? Nope, but at least I can look myself in the mirror and not be ashamed oh how I acted.

I am also NOT implying that any one on this thread who has a complaint about customer service at Keystone was unkind. I was just adding to the conversation.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:58 AM   #43
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I feel the need to post to clear the air a little after reading the thread the in "Hey Keystone." This gentleman seems determined that one cannot be polite to a CSR and them not be of any help to you. Also, there is that repeated issue of "going through your dealer first". Duh, just what do I do to make one understand, I have used my dealer and am very unhappy with them. Would I not call GMC corporate if I had a like issue with my truck?

I am taking pictures of all the issues involved, and at the proper time I intend to file a complaint with the BBB. I will most likely be sending a certified letter to Keystone also. I have found I am not the only individual that has service issues with this particular dealer. (not that I thought I was) My daughter-in-laws boss mentioned the dealer to her this week and seems to have had the same issues I have. BTW, she is a CSR for an insurance company, so I do know a little about what that occupation has to deal with.

Also, I don't feel I should have to drive to Goshen to get good service from Keystone.

And while I do my utmost to deal with everyone in a professional manner, I don't intend to get any brown on my nose to get service.

On Edit: Thought I might need to separate those last two sentences. I didn't mean to infer that those that got service in Goshen were brown nosing. I just feel that a dealer should offer as good of service. What the last sentence was pointing to was the fact that some individuals on here seem to be afraid to criticize Keystone. Frankly, that is what has led me to believe that Keystone is financially tied to this forum.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #44
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Sounds like we're being chastised for getting Keystone to respond to some of us.

Orv
Old 09-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #45
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Slickwillie ha some very good points..There is no reason why we should not get good service from a dealer. Since we are told over and over again that Montana is the number one best selling 5th wheel 5 ot 6 years in a row you would think that a Montana Dealer would want to keep the Montana dealeship and satify customers and you would think that Keystone would have some influence with the dealer in insuring that they give good service to EVERY Montana owner or lose that number one selling 5th wheel dealership...there is something very wrong with that picture. We happen to have a very good dealer and are only @ 3 hours away from the service center..but..the majority of us can not hook up and drive a couple of thousand miles to have proper service done. Keystone has a dealer problem that they seem to not want to address.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #46
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When we addressed this a few years ago someone contacted Keystone and found out the dealer contract only requires the dealer do warranty work on those units he sells. He is not required to work on any others. I think they should be required to work on any Montana but I don't write the contracts.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #47
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

When we addressed this a few years ago someone contacted Keystone and found out the dealer contract only requires the dealer do warranty work on those units he sells. He is not required to work on any others. I think they should be required to work on any Montana but I don't write the contracts.
They are trying to keep us from shopping around, but are only hurting themselves with that policy. Imagine if car/truck dealers worked the same way.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #48
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
When we were having some work done out of warranty in 2004 at Keystone Customer Service, one of the things that got me to thinking about dealers is this: Lon Nelson, now gone, told me that very few dealers contact them and it is the dealers who pave the way. A lot of dealers don't want to be bothered after they have the money. Our dealer is very "customer oriented" and takes great pains to resolve every issue and if they can't, "they call Keystone themselves."

It isn't so much of being courteous as it is in being smart. Insist that your dealer do his work. If he/she refuses, then that's the time to go to Keystone with a certified letter outlining your beef--but do it kindly.

Orv
Old 09-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #49
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blarkman

Firstly, the comment about not taking to unit Alaska refers to only 3000 model REAR KITCHEN. MY first post asked if anyone else had taken a 3000 to Alaska, no response. My second addresed my problems and the comments about not taking to Alaska. My third is under Technical help and had spent 3/4 hour on phone talking to three differnt people. When Richfaa says he does not believe that TM said that then he should talk to my wife!! I feel that the problem only exists on the 3000 series and maybe on the 2006 only as the 2007 has 6000# axles, is & inches longer and weighs more. Did that take care of the problem?? I have had several PM with sailing re his 2006, 3000 and 5200# axles.
bob
Bob,
We own a 3000RK, and were totally unaware of any restriction on taking it to Alaska. Granted ours is a 2007 and has the 6000# axles. Have you been given anything in writing that says you shouldn't take your unit to Alaska or that it would invalidate your warranty?

Thanks,
Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #50
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
We just got back to town this afternoon, so reason for delay in reply. No I do not have it in writing, but have been told by four different CRS from Team Montana that I should not be taking this unit too Alaska and second last one I talked to said they would fix anything that broke as long as I DID NOT TAKE IT BACK TO ALASKA, under the warrenty peroid. They are finally allowing me to take it to a dealer in Eugene OR on the 20th of Sept who I was told was going to look at my harsh ride.I had to have both axles aligned, at my expense, as they were way off and also found out that the shackles to the blocks are worn and need replacing after 6500 miles, or less then 30 days of RVing.
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote