Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
The adjusters are using Listerene 50/50 water here at RGV. Will try some next week as I hate wearing tons of Deet on me. We are having to wear the Deep Woods spray in the real bad areas. If Listerene works I would rather have mouth wash/alcohol on me than Deet.

Still using my ChiggerX for the bites that get through, which are alot right now. Here is hoping none of the bites were from one the has the West Nile Virus.

Collen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #22
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
If you use Witch Hazel right after getting the bite then it will not swell up and itch the next day. It is an old time remedy that really works. You have to use it within a reasonable time after getting bit and it won't stop the itch right away, but it will stop the bite in it's tracks. Anything else I have used allows the bite to still swell up and itch the next day. It's a great and cheap remedy.

Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:51 AM   #23
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
I noticed that someone else mentioned mouthwash. It works. We carry a spray bottle and mouthwash from a dollar bill store and use it around the chairs when were outside. We also spray it on our legs for protection. If it doesn't kill the bugs, you smell good.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote