Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #21
Bridge4d
Established Member

M.O.C. #21290
I started having this same problem with my last 5er and 2014 F250. The first time was during a rain storm. After everything dried out it worked fine. Then it started happening just about every time we went out rain or shine. I tried dielectric grease, replacing the umbilical and replacing the battery with an Optimum. Replacing the battery solved the problem for a while interestingly enough...not sure why. But it came back. The Ford F-Series are known for trapping moisture in the bed plug and the trailers are known for frayed wires. I think my problem was a combination of both. The only way I was able to solve the problem was to buy a new truck and trailer.

2022 3761FL Legacy
2022 F450 Dually
Bridge4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #22
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
Agree, it happened to me in no where BC. Remembered my dad saying "always check the ground when you have electrical issues"
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #23
ps146364
Established Member

M.O.C. #14615
I had the exact same problem. I did the cleaning and made the tangs tighter at the 7 pin connection still same issue. I knew my brake wires were fine as I had just done a complete brake job. Before this trip I replaced the pig tail from the trailer. 2000 miles later and no problem.
ps146364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:05 PM   #24
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
SHHH! Don't tell anyone, but ever since Gettysburg, we have driven to New Jersey, then Delaware, then to Virginia Beach, VA, then to South Carolina, and it has not reappeared. When the mobile tech took my hub off my right front wheel, and the brake adjuster and spring fell onto the ground, he put it all back together and adjusted the brakes, and the warning has not reappeared yet? :-)