Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Mosquitos

We have a Mosquito Magnet this year and are happy it works well. Not a machine to travel with. We have it in our yard away from people. It is catching Mosquito very well. Colorado had most West Nile deaths a couple of years back. This thing is expensive but is well worth the cost. We want to get another one soon.
Mosquitos were so bad we could not use our decks or patio until this year. This year is better already.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Got this at City Hall when I paid my utility bill:

Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of "Lemon Fresh Joy" dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, white plate, or what, but mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the mixture, and usually within 10 feet of the plate.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Some people do not know this fact.
In proportion (human to mosquito) if you drank that much soapy water, you would drop dead also.
But the human being bigger if you drank the soapy water you would just get the S _ _ _ S.
We have had our Mosquito Magnet for a couple of years and love it.
As far as camping, at the Northeast Rally the mosquitos were heavy, I had just bought Off PowerPad
The OFF!® PowerPad™ Lamps and Lanterns protect an area 15 times greater than citronella candles or buckets
• Proven effective in extreme mosquito conditions
It worked great, highly reccommend it for camping.

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks for the information. We will get some of that for when we camp. We have one Off lamp and a refill for it. I hope it is same Off you are talking about. We have it in basement of Monty. This one has a stand that sticks in the ground.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Will be on our way to Colorado from Michigan. I will have to stock up on vampire killer. I have our rv parks picked out on I80 and I know most of these areas do not have mosquito control and I do not want to get into a lot of arm exercises.Lots of rain and hot weather they should be plenty and healthy this year.Will be looking into the Off products.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:02 AM   #6
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
Where can you buy one of these "mosquito magnets"?
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:35 AM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Home Depot has them. That is where we found it. Lowes has only the Mosquito Deleto. I think the Mosquito Magnet is the better of the two. Just my opinion.
But hurry because Home Depot here is selling out of them.