Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
EMS-HW50C Progressive Industries Install

Did this today on my 2010 3150RL.
Took me about 4 hours (I didn't rush). The most difficult part was getting the #6 wire to line up/fit into the HW50C. That #6 wire is STIFF. I bought a piece of #6 wire (6 ft.) from Home Depot to run from the HW50C to the circuit breaker panel. I also coated the wire ends with NOALOX (http://www.idealindustries.com/produ...ies/noalox.jsp ) I mounted the HW50C box on the ledge behind the 1st panel on the left in the passenger side storage bay. Keystone gives you plenty of wire to work with when pulling the circuit breaker panel and fuse panel. I mounted the remote display unit inside my coat closet just inside the front door. I didn't want to add another gadget to the wall next to the stairs where all the other controls are located.
I did have to call Progressive Industries tech support for a no power issue to some of my circuits. They responded to my voicemail within 5 minutes (WOW!) and solved the issue immediately.
I now have the peace of mind and protection that I needed/wanted for my $50k+ rig.
PM me if you have any questions about the install. Having done it once, I think it would take me about 2 hours to do now.
As always, disconnect ALL power sources before doing this install.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote