Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This is the main reason I wouldn't use RO in my RV. I will stick to filters that provide one to one water ratio. So far, this is working great for us.

I knew about this at the stickhouse and use it along with line filters at the fridge and faucets.

I'm not so sure RO is worth the effort any more. It does use a lot of water and one of the water filter housings cracked late one night and right before we were about to go to sleep. Water was flowing! Fortunately, we caught it quick and turned off the water. It would have been a lot worse if we were out or it was middle of the night. A few bucks and days waiting for the new housing (and a spare) and another day for the stupid gasket they forgot to include and it's back together.

I hope it works great for you. I hope you remember to keep that galley valve open, then to close it when you dump your black tank!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote