Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
Graphics - 3400RL

Not sure if thuis has been posted before but I just received the instructions for the graphics installation for my 3400RL.Keystone is sending out shortly.

Exterior Graphic Installation / Removal Instructions

Below is a step by step guide to successful graphic removal
• Soften graphic and adhesive by first warming the graphic with a heat gun or blow dryer. Facing graphic to the sun on a warm day will also help.
• After removing graphic, any remaining adhesive can be removed by using chemical cleaners such as lacquer thinner or citrus cleaner.
• Make sure to thoroughly clean residue left behind by these chemicals with isopropyl alcohol before applying a replacement graphic.

Below is a step by step guide to successful graphic installation
• Surface temperature of substrate should be a minimum of 45 degrees for optimal adhesion and performance.
• Clean substrate thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol prior to graphic application.
• Use proper application tool to apply graphic; squeegee for smooth wall; rivet brush for corrugated metal.
• Remove liner from back of graphic.
• Gently place graphic in desired application location.
• Squeegee vertically in center of graphic towards the outer edges. Graphics can be lifted to removed slack and prevent creases prior to squeegeeing, but not after.
• Leave protective pre-mask on graphic for at least 15 minutes prior to removing.
• Remove pre-mask by pulling 180 degrees across the graphic, not 90 degrees away from the substrate.
• Graphic should be re-squeegeed after removal of pre-mask, especially where removal begins and at small points.
• Air bubbles can be popped and removed by using a tool with a fine point, like a pin. Do not use a wide blade like a Stanley or exacto knife.

oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Can you use a spray bottle with soapy water first to make graphics slide around better? When you put window tinting on cars that is what you do to position tint,then start with squeegee to work out water and air bubbles. it gives you a lot of leeway to position them. I don't know if they do that with graphics,but i don't see why not.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
When I had a company replace the front graphic on the front of my 2001, they waited to do it in July and insisted doing it in the direct sunlight. They said it would last longer and stick better.
They did use soapy water under it and the vary small air bubbles went away after a couple of months as they had said they would. They used a pin to do the larger ones.

Good luck with yours
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Gives me something to look forward to!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote