Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Fresh Water Hose

OK, on our way back home from the Fall Rally we had trouble with our white fresh water hose! It kept kinking for us- no matter what I did the stupid thing would kink! I connected it to the faucet and stretched it out, untwisted it to get any kinks or twists out and when I went to roll it back up the stupid thing would kink again.
What type of white hose do you use? What size so you use? What length/s do you use and where did you get it? I've got to get some new hose and that's a fact!! It's driving me nuts and no comments on that statement either!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Ron Ron Ron,
Have Mary get your kinks out, then go to camping world and buy a non-kink hose. Take the kinkers to the farm or give them to Paul.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I use the 10 ft white hose. I have 3 of them and connect all 3 when I need them but that is very seldom. Most of the time I only need one.
I bought three of the white hoses with the blue line on it and they all kink so I quit using them.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I got our filters and hose from the RVWaterfilter store. Hose is rated at around 200psi if I remember right and we have several sizes so we can hook up to most situations. I use quick connects on the different lengths and generally put the filters under the kitchen slide and then go from there to the faucet. Haven't had a problem with kinks since we got this hose. Here's the address of the hose section of their site: http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Hoses.htm.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Have had them from Camping World and they kinked too! Paul probably would not appreciate it either! The one I have is suppose to be a "kink free" hose but...... It is one that I got at the beginning of the season this year and is reinforced and all and it "STILL KINKS!"
Just may take it out to the farm and let the cows chew on it a little-- won't have to worry about kinks just leaks then!!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Our Never-Kink has kinked. Our CW hoses have kinked. Oh well...they are still working 5 years later. Yes, they kink a bit when I put them away by trying to roll them up, but they un-kink when pressurized. They still deliver water to our 5er.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Got one of those from CW, kinks and kinks. Now it's an emergency hose stored in the TV tool box. Bought a Blue one from Wally world and no kinks so far (now watch, next time we use it, it will be kink city). I use a 4 footer from the filter to the rig and a 10 footer to the post, if close enough, other wise, the 25 foot blue hose.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
ljensen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8384
The best hose I found has been a white coiled hose approved for drinking water. ( the one like a slinky) I got it at Walmart Az. last year. It will give you the same water presure as the white hose and no kinks! It has to say for RV drinking water safe.
ljensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Got the blue hose from Walmart for our TTa few years ago. Worked fine at first, now has more kinks than any hose I've ever owned. It's now relegated to black tank flush duty.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Ron, it must be that hot and humid weather you have back there.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Could be Rich! The only problem is they really acted up on the trip to and from Goshen this year! I have both a four foot and a ten foot hose and no problems with them but that 25 and 50 footers are a real pain in the a--! They are both going to be used here at the stick or out at the farm and coming out of the Monte before it goes in for it's winter nap! I'll be buying nothing but shorter ones and hopefully they won't kink on me!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #12
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Purchased a White Hose from our Montana Dealer Heavy Duty no kinks but a little harder to roll and store
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:32 AM   #13
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That's the same issue I have with the hose from the RVwater store. I bought a couple of shore cord carriers to control the water hose when I roll it up.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #14
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Ron, I doubt there is a 100% kink-free hose.

My earnest attempts to coil, or bring the hose in line usually involves some effort to soften the hose (warm water through it or just some sun on it laying out) and coiling it on the ground in those directions it doesn't want to go by twisting as I coil it in the same direction as previous coil...time consuming but perfect.

Sometimes I just coil including the kinks and it really shows when I store it in the basement.arghhhh!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Ron:
I think I bought mine at Camper World there in the Bluffs. They have all kinds,but I was looking for a hose that has the plastic TEE twister on the screw on thing a ma jiggy. That kind of explains it. Don't know the brand, but they are WHITE. That helps......JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #16
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have found that new hoses are much less apt to kink. but add a year or two to them while being in constant use and they tend to stretch. The higher the pressure the shorter time it takes to break down the hose. There was a hose issue last year that involved the hose filling with water but very little flow out the other end. It was the constant expansion and contraction that caused this situation. On the hose in question the inner and outer hose bodies separated and the inner one collapsed inside blocking the flow of water. This is the same process that causes the kinking. You will have to replace the hoses periodically. Some of these CGs have pressure over 100 lbs. which adds to the eventual breakdown of the inner hose structure. Hose is cheap Ron, toss the old one and get a good quality one to replace it... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #17
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
I like awaywego's idea of the three 10' hoses. I have rarely needed more than 10' to hook up. I've got one of the Wally World blue striped 50' kink prone snarled sorry excuse for a hose, hose. I spend more time fooling with that hose than the sewer and electric and cable combined.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #18
Lee F.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10754
I have a 10' and a 20'. 90% of the time 10' is all I need. Three 10' seems like a great idea.
Lee F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
I carry two Wal-Mart Blue hoses ($9.97)They kink A LOT! But are cheap and easily available. One of my Blue Wal-Mart Hoses, probably 4 years, old burst recently.
Sometimes when we camp at Dance Halls (Square Dancing), it takes two hoses to reach the nearest spigot.
They have a lifetime warranty, so when I bought a new one I saved the receipt for next time...
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Ron, I doubt there is a 100% kink-free hose.

My earnest attempts to coil, or bring the hose in line usually involves some effort to soften the hose (warm water through it or just some sun on it laying out) and coiling it on the ground in those directions it doesn't want to go by twisting as I coil it in the same direction as previous coil...time consuming but perfect.

Sometimes I just coil including the kinks and it really shows when I store it in the basement.arghhhh!
I buy all my hoses from the Water Filter Store. I have several different lengths, all with brass fittings. In over nine years of use, not one of them have kinked and they coil rather easily. I do also have one of those "non-kink" Wal-Mart hoses, 50' for those times when I really have to go to extremes to get water. Believe me, it kinks. For those who are getting hoses on line, are you getting them from the Water Filter Store? He's the only one I know of that sells the hoses like mine.

Also, you can ask Rick anything about water filtration and he knows all about it. Tell him Orv Schinke recommended him to you and maybe, just maybe he'll surprise you.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote