Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #21
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We have Uniden prior Cobra they both work well.When we would go to Fl wife would follow in the car.
With the radio's we could talk.

kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #22
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
We use cell phones and a bluetooth in the truck. It works great! So far we haven't been anywhere we don't have a phone signal. I suppose we will have to do hand signals like we used to if and when that happens. I have thought about walkie talkies as a back up plan but just know I probably wouldn't be able to find them at the last minute. They would get shoved somewhere safe and I wouldn't remember where I put them, or, I would find them and the batteries would be dead. I guess my best back up plan is hand signals and a patient DH!

It is fun to be all set up in camp and sit and watch people come in and back in. Almost as fun as watching people launch their boats! I enjoy watching the efficient people and try to learn from them, but really enjoy the inefficient ones as they make me smile! I thank heavens that DH is really good at backing up!! Lord knows if I ever had to do it I would be giving quite the show! LOL!
luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #23
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
[quote]Originally posted by kdeiss

We have Uniden prior Cobra they both work well.When we would go to Fl wife would follow in the car.
With the radio's we could talk.

Correction we have Midland Model GXT740 have had 2 years work well.like the control knobs better than the Cobra
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #24
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
We have done the cell phone way like akf15e for several years now. We did the walkie-talkies in the beginning but didn’t like the fact that if one was talking the other had to wait until they released the PTT button for the other to speak. The cell phones allow the other to break in and get the info needed at that time. As you all know, if you have a spouse that hasn’t or won’t get behind the wheel they have no idea of what info is needed and when. Come on back doesn’t help much when you can’t see anything on that side. Now with the rearview camera I can at least see what is right behind the trailer. And with time we are getting much better at what info is needed and when.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
It is a fun topic. I am sure we could all tell a few stories as to how we entertained the neighbors.
We usually look at the site, I back it in where we want it with her making sure I do not run into anything. I watch her in a mirror. Then she gets the blocking to level us up. No radios or phones... the only yelling is if I get too close to something.
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote