Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
New Dutchman Floorplan - Interesting comment...

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/08/du...nge-floorplan/

“The traditional front lounge models offered by our competition have come up short when it comes to what the customer wants,” said Rob Groover, general manager of Dutchmen’s Komfort and Infinity brands. “Most front lounge floorplans feel very confined and claustrophobic. Rather than just copying what has already been done, we took it to the next level.”

If they are talking about (and putting down) Montana's FL floorplan I am slightly confused. Dutchman and Keystone both have the same parent company - Thor... Right?

Competitors or not competitors?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
From looking at both side by side they are almost the same layout - the noticeable difference is the Infinity does not have an external door in the bathroom (which I think I prefer).
Weights, sizes, tanks etc all look pretty much the same.
Very nice...
Chris
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
As someone at Keystone put it, with 1 in almost 3 units on the road being a Keystone unit, and with the addition of sister companies, like Dutchmen, Keystone competes with itself.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Apparently they are directly referring to Montana's own front living room model when they decided to name it the same - it is a 3750 too. The press release claims their model is three feet longer in the LR and it has a 6' 8" ceiling *WITH* tall slides compared to the competition (the only competitor is Montana AFAIK). I wonder where that extra three feet came from?

At least now there is a choice for those wanting a front LR model.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I really like the double fridge being in the slide. It opens up the kitchen. I am confused looking at the floor plan for the bedroom, since it appears the door is in the middle of the room and opens against the bed?? Would have to see one to see if the bed interferes with the door. I like the Montana approach in the bathroom better due to the second door which makes the bath sort of a "mudroom". Really like what appears to be stainless sinks in the kitchen, that is a mod that I have thought about pursuing. Really, really like the taller slides in the living room area since the Montana head-knockers do take some getting used to. I have seen some rigs with the plastic stone look as shown around the television and fireplace and am definitely not fond of the plastic look (assuming that is what the material is). I do prefer the kitchen cabinet layout in the Montana with the corner cabinet. There are some advantages to both floorplans, but all in all, we are satisfied with everything in the Montana 3750. Wonder what the Dutchmen basement area looks like??
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
I agree with Bingo's comments. I like the frig in the slideout, but losing the second door is a bummer. It is a foot longer and looks like the furnace btu's have increased from 35 to 40. Wildcat has a front living model. They say that this unit has and "exterior pass-through compartment is more than three times larger than the competition." What competition, I don't know, but I would like to see it.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote