Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Sealand Toilet Risers

Haven't posted in awhile, we have been in Sedona Arizona enjoying the weather and caretaking a ranch while I tend to a few health items with the VA in Prescott. Wife is complaining about leakage around the base of the toilet so I will be pulling it to check out the problem. Since my knees are getting weaker, rising from the toilet is a real strain on my legs. I am wondering if there is a riser kit available for these Sealand 2010 toilets. I can kill two birds with one stone if I install it while I have the toilet off.

Tony

tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Tony,
This is made by Thetford but it should fit the sealand since the flange is the same on both.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...let-riser/1569
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Yes, there is a riser for the sealand. I had one installed in my 3400RL. Unfortunately, at the same time I ordered a 17" (maybe taller) replacement toilet. They are not that expensive. That was installed with the riser and a funny thing happened. DW sat down and her feet were off the floor. The riser had to come out. Needless to say, the 17" by itself was good enough for these old knees.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Waynem:

Do you still have the Sealand Riser or the Sealand part number for the riser. I did a search online and was not able to find a Sealand Riser. The Thetford Riser fits only some models of Sealand and not the
210/2010.

Tony
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Tony,
Check with PPL in Houston Tx.. If there is one they will have it or can get it.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...aign=partsfeed
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tony,
I'm on the road and not near the stick house. I don't know if it is pigeon holed somewhere in the garage. The risers themselves are not expensive, and even the toilet is not that bad. When I installed the higher toilet I went all the way through the underfloor into the storage compartment. I added fender washers and lock washers.

Can't have momma fallin' off the "stool."
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote