Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Flojet water pump leak

This past Saturday, I noticed that our water pump was leaking, since we bought the Montana from Camping World, and there is one down the road, Camping World of Myrtle Beach/Surfside, SC. I thought I would take it out and see if they would replace it. Long story short, had to wait till Monday, then I was told I have to bring the whole trailer in to show them it leaks cause they don't have a way to test it. Then, if it is bad, it will take 7 - 10 days to get a replacement unit from warranty. They have 4 pumps on the shelf.

Got a little snotty with service and went to the sales manager, after checking, he said to make an appointment with service for tomorrow and they will replace it, but I still have to bring the trailer in.

So we have to unhook and go 4 miles down the road to have them check for a leak. Oh, and they would come to the camper for $65.00 service call, they sell the pump for $61.95.

We'll see what happens tomorrow........

Back to service, make an appointment for 10:30, girl behind the counter says, we'll replace it as long as its not ice damage.

oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Phone Keystone customer service and tell them, they might OK a new pump for you. I have had them OK things for me that they have never seen so I could do the install.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Question #1: can you see exactly where the pump is leaking?
Question #2: was it exposed to freezing temps recently?
Question #3: If you can see exactly where the leak is, is it in the pressure switch should be on the opposite end of the pump from electric motor.
I just recently replaced the switch and impeller assembly on a Challenger that was leaking badly through the pressure switch. The trailer had heat on it through the whole cold snap last month but the rubber membrane between the impeller assembly and the switch started to leak. You can replace the entire impeller assembly and switch for about 40 to 60 bucks. The whole pump around 100. The replacement is very easy and requires you to remove three screws from the housing and the whole thing comes apart. Toss the old and reinstall the new...Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
We are at camping world right now waiting to see what they say about the pump, it leaks at the front, where the white section is. Its where the water lines connect up with the quick connect. It looks like a spacer in the middle of the housing, the water drips out of there. A new pump from Camping world is $62.00
Old 03-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758

Well, after 3.5 hours, the pump was replaced. No charge, and everything works great. I was surprised......
Old 03-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Congratulations! You showed a lot of persistence and it payed off. Jim
Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Congratulations! You showed a lot of persistence and it payed off. Jim

LOL, thanks Jim, DW said, lets just replace it ourselves, which would have been the easiest solution, but that wasn't the point, it was under warranty.