Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
TWSTON

M.O.C. #19588
2017 305RL washer/dryer help

Looking for help on washer and dryer options for my 2017 305 RL. We just purchased and have not taken delivery on it yet so I cant go measure. We got a price from the dealer for purchase and install of a washer and dryer of $1800. Seems crazy too much for what it really is. I think I can purchase and install myself as I'm pretty handy. Does anybody have one they can measure the openings?
Mine is 2hr plus away and buried in snow so the dealer cant get to it.
I think anything under the title RV seems to be overpriced.

TWSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
RainbowsEnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #19240
Sorry I'm not at our camper so I don't have the dimensions. Your location for washer/dryer will be some what like ours. Are you getting a combo or split the washer/dryer? I do know that if you check for the splendide combo size that it will be about all the size the space can handle. Also find the dimensions of the door into the camper. In my limited knowledge I don't think it can be any larger than these, not sure how else they could be installed. If you search "Splendide installed in Montana" on the internet and check for just images you'll see there is hardly any extra space available for anything larager. Hopefully someone will have more information for you later. Good luck.
RainbowsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
RetdAFEng

M.O.C. #19582
We have the same 2017 - 305RL and have the splendide combo washer dryer. Ours vents to the exterior and works great. Side clearances are 0" and the back 1".
The only thing that you will have to do of technical nature is cut the vent hole and install the vent hood with the correct sealing of the vent hood to the side of your unit. The rest is like any other washer or dryer.

Good Luck and happy camping.

Frank
RetdAFEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:12 AM   #4
TWSTON

M.O.C. #19588
I am getting a separate washer dryer.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I agree it is over priced, along with almost anything labeled "RV". Can't help you with any type of measurements but if it makes you feel better we just paid for a set on sale at CW down here and are having it installed next Tuesday in our MH. With vent kit and some other add-ons the whole thing was right at $1,800.
JandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
TWSTON

M.O.C. #19588
We are debating which is better, going with a combo unit or separate units. I would love to hear your thoughts on the combo unit. Good bad and ugly.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
If you go with the combo get the vented one. The unvented is crazy slow. I have one.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We have the combo vented Splendide, bought new in 2007. That is all we had room for. Works fine for us, and DW likes it. Cons - the loads are fairly small. Pros - She just puts in a load, sets it to wash AND dry, we go about what ever we want to do, and come back later to a clean, dry load of laundry.

In addition to clothes, she does all our towels and even king size sheets in it. Just have to do multiple loads. But since it washes and dries we do not have to wait around to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer.

The combo unit is something over $1,000. I think the separate units are a total of something over $1,300. Both plus tax. So looks like the dealer is getting around $400 for install. But they are heavy and the space small. And you will have to cut a large hole in the wall for the vent and route the vent piping behind the dryer.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #9
RetdAFEng

M.O.C. #19582
The width on my 2017 305RL is 25.25" ( from front wall to inside of the closet wall), height 42.5" ( from floor to under side of the rod in the WD area) and the depth of 25" ( from the edge of the door opening to the inside of the exterior wall).

I hope that this is enough information, best of luck with your installation and Happy Camping.

Frank
RetdAFEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
TWSTON

M.O.C. #19588
Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #11
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
I have had all three: Combo unvented, combo vented and stacked washer/dryer. HATED the unvented combo. The vented combo was okay and I got used to it. If I had a choice between the vented combo and the separated units, I would absolutely go with the separate units. That is what I have now and am perfectly happy. We full-timed and I could do all my laundry in them. Even the sheets.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote