Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
kitchen faucet leak

Our 2005 2955RL kitchen has the corian sink top with a single handle mixing faucet. When running cold water, it leaks around the base of the mixing handle. No such leak when running hot or warm water. I took it apart once and replaced washers which provided a very temporary fix. I'm thinking about just replacing it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how was it solved?

wd

The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
coyoterick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10239
Mine was leaking and the finish was getting worn off so I just replaced it. See my post here: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39413
coyoterick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
Thanks for the link to your previous post. I recalled reading it before but couldn't locate it with a search of the site. Good pics and seems to be the cure for my problem.

Thanks again, wd
Old 06-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
Rick: Thanks again for providing me with a solution for my leak. Went to Lowe's and got the same faucet. They didn't have it displayed, but we found it in their products catalog and they had it in stock. Brought it home and the installation went pretty much as you said even though the countertop configuration is a little different in the 2955. Took about two hours with the help of a few choice words about working half in & half out of the Monty door, laying on my back with my head and shouldersd under the sink. Had to improvise a little and make a template for enlarging one existing hole with the hole saw. New hole for soap dispenser was easy

It's done, no leaks and the better half is tickled with the pull-out faucet/sprayer and new feature of soap dispenser.

Thanks again, Warren
Old 06-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
coyoterick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10239
Glad it helped! Before enlarging the existing faucet hole, I clamped a small piece of wood underneath it in order to give the pilot bit in my hole saw something to drill into and stabilize it.

After using the new faucet for 5 days during 2 separate trips we really love it!
coyoterick is offline   Reply With Quote