Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
Robert Gregory

M.O.C. #10035
black water tank

When I attached my hose to flush out the black tank, I discovered a leak. At first I thought it was simply the fitting the hose attaches to. However on further investigation the water was coming from the top of the hose (tank end). I crawled into the storage compartment and traced the hose, which disappeared through the floor above my head. I then began to try and locate the tank entry point, without success? Does anyone know where it is located? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks' Bob

Robert Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That does not sound like anything that is on my 06 3400. The only hose is attached to the fitting in the convience center and goes down into the black tank.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
there is an anti-syphon valve inside the pantry cabinet of my 07 3400RL. They have been known to fail at times and will leak onto the kitchen floor. Steve Regel just replaced his a few months ago and posted photos. Not sure if yours is the same or not but the way you describe the plumbing going up, it sounds like it.

Which model do you have and where are you seeing the water (leak) at?

on edit: found your other post that you have a 3295. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I on this model will chime in.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
My anti-siphon valve broke and started leaking. It is between the back of the pantry and the back of the shower. I have a 2007 3400 and you should see an access panel in the pantry. Mine went to nowhere. Make sure your BR panel door is CLOSED. You may have to expand or make a new access to get to the valve - I did. Replace it and make sure it does not have a bind on it when you reinstall the new one. That was the initial reason for my failure - they people who installed it clamped the in and out pex tubing to the wall stud so that it pinched in very tightly toward each other. Over time, bouncing up and down the road it simply couldn't stand the stress and cracked.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
jim n deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7406
the anti siphon valve on our 2001 3295 is in the sink cabnet in the bedroom . replaced mine at the rally last fall.
jim n deb is offline   Reply With Quote