Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Installing bedroom A/C, have ??

Since Montana's are pre wired for the second A/C unit, I thought the hardest part would be getting the new unit on the roof. I haven't tried to get the unit on the roof and I am already stumped. The A/C unit I want to install is from our old Montana and is identical to the existing unit. The unit has 2 wires on the left side where the bundle of 6 wires are located, 1 white and 1 white/blue. Do those wires possibly go the the heater and if not what are they for. The pre wiring in the bedroom has 12 ga wire for power, a wire with a telephone type connector (I know where to connect it), and a pair of 24 ga wires with a 2 pin connector on the end. I think the pair of 24 GA wires go to the white sensor on the wall by the closet. There are no other wires in the attic that I can find for the A/C, so what do I do with the white and blue wires?

nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Maybe just don't be cool ...sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Thanks John, I knew I could depend on you for an answer.
How are you and Sharon, I haven't heard from in a long time.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well don sharon fell 2 days ago and is in a lot of pain but does not want to go to er here in wis but wants to wait till we get to fl as we have some real good guys down there,, so we are in a quandry rite now.. we are trying to get what we call the cottage ready 4 sale as its tooooooooooooo big and tooooooooooooooo much work to keep up . its a 3 level all wood outside and ash rooms and all ceilings are ash , clear so its not a cottage but a lodge . so we hope to have just the fl house and a 5th wheel and maybe a cabin in the smokies,, maybe,,,,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Just in case someone else is reading this thread and assuming their Montana is also pre-wired for a front AC, they should be aware the front AC prep is an extra cost option on Montanas, unless they changed that for 2008 and later. Ours (front AC prep) had what looked like a wall plate (same size as a double outlet but with no holes) and a sticker on the ceiling indicating it's wiring for an added AC. If it doesn't have that then it probably is not pre-wired for a front AC. At least in 2007 and prior models.

Sorry I can't help with your questions, Don. I hope you don't mind my making the above distinction.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
After some on-line searching, I found a installation manual for the A/C. The pre-wire package consist of one wire for the Remote Temperature Sensor, one for the Electronic Control (telephone line) and the power line. One of the dip switches needs to be turned to on position. All very easy to do now that I have the instructions.

The pre wire for the 2nd A/C is now part of the Montana Package.