Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #21
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
I would miss the folks trying to get our attention that the rig is leaking.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #22
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Then just crack it open a little bit
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #23
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
#1- I drain all lines/water tank and water heater after every trip. Its just to easy and prevents any nasty stuff growing in the lines or tanks.
#2- I put a 90 degree elbow at the tank drain and ran it to a valve at the side of the camper. No more crawling under.
#3- It is not a good idea to travel with a partially filled tank of water. I know how these tanks are mounted (not very well) and the water sloshing back and froth will move the tank around and possibly destroy it. It is better to travel with either a full or empty tank IMHO. I do not go any where without a full tank of water, even if I have water at my site. I know my well water at home. I do not know what I am going to get where I'm going. Plus when I get to where I'm going my water situation is already taken care of. Nothing to hook up or disconnect.

I will never understand why most people staying for just the weekend go through all the trouble of hooking up to water and sewer when most units will easily handle a trip 2-3 times as long being self contained.

My wife and I can easily go for up to 10 days fully self contained with no hookups.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #24
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
#1- I drain all lines/water tank and water heater after every trip. Its just to easy and prevents any nasty stuff growing in the lines or tanks.
#2- I put a 90 degree elbow at the tank drain and ran it to a valve at the side of the camper. No more crawling under.
#3- It is not a good idea to travel with a partially filled tank of water. I know how these tanks are mounted (not very well) and the water sloshing back and froth will move the tank around and possibly destroy it. It is better to travel with either a full or empty tank IMHO. I do not go any where without a full tank of water, even if I have water at my site. I know my well water at home. I do not know what I am going to get where I'm going. Plus when I get to where I'm going my water situation is already taken care of. Nothing to hook up or disconnect.

I will never understand why most people staying for just the weekend go through all the trouble of hooking up to water and sewer when most units will easily handle a trip 2-3 times as long being self contained.

My wife and I can easily go for up to 10 days fully self contained with no hookups.
I love my wife but your wife and mine are NOT in the same catagory LOL!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
I would miss the folks trying to get our attention that the rig is leaking.
If you run the line to the side it will be more obvious and you will get more comments! And it has the side Benefit of not having to crawl under to operate valve!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote