Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
I GOT TO SEE IT

To all MOC members, I SEEN IT!! I actually got to see it first hand! I got to see the infamous legendary "Reigle Ruler"!!!

I have also had the distinct pleasure and honor of meeting the "Legend" himself this week. We had a great bull session this afternoon and I am sure tomorrow or Friday when I install his new pump, we'll have another.

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Roll on the floor laughin'. Nuff said.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
RVBUDDY
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1109
Great work MIMF!
RVBUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
ROFLMAO, Dale! You mean that little pocket tape measure of mine? The one the plastic chrome has mostly worn off? Sorry, I didn't realize how easy it is to excite some people! (Sorry, couldn't resist). Yes, we had an enjoyable discussion this afternoon. I think many people here have learned Dale is truly a nice guy and a very helpful one at that. I've had the pleasure of finding this out in person.

Today he showed me a brand new (by Lippert) motorized rear stabilizer that apparently is an easy install to the existing holes for the manual stabilizers we currently have. The arm/pad on one side stops when it encounters the ground and waits for the other side to reach the ground as well. Dale didn't know if Keystone will offer this nor what the retail price as an aftermarket purchase will be. When that info is available and if it's reasonable I'll be saving my pennies to make the purchase...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Geeze Steve you never showed it to us! LOL

Great post Dale! Thanks for the giggles and smiles.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Motorized rear stabilizers??? *be still my heart*

As I pull the Montana alot by myself during the summer months and do all the set-up during those trips, I'll be saving my pennies for that also and I'll start letting "Santa" know what I want for Christmas. Thanks for the info, I'm going to do some research on it. Hopefully it won't cost an-arm-and-a-leg.

Margee.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sounds exciting, but I have electric rear stablizers. It is called a cordless drill with a 5/8" or 3/4" socket. Zoom, Zoom
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:51 AM   #8
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
sreigle: The rear stabalizer you are describing looks like the one that is installed on our Big Sky as an option.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:04 AM   #9
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Stiles and I share the same type of electric rear stablizers....However I did see a HR Presidential leaving the dealers parking lot Monday with one of Steve's wish toy attached.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, I've seen those on Big Skys but didn't pay too much attention so can't really tell how similar they are. I think this particular one is a brand new item. Does the BS one let one foot stop when it touches down while the other side continues utnil it also touches down? If so, that's a nice touch. In any case, the functionality is the same regardless of whether it's the identical unit.

I used to use the electric drill also, a battery operated one. But it seemed the batteries didn't stay charged up very well and I got frustrated with that and went back to the hand crank. I could drag out the 110v drill and extension cord but by that time I'd have them cranked down. Actually, I DO have a little help on this -- Vicki most often cranks those stabilizers down!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #11
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Steve, in regards to the infamous "Riegle Ruler", I couldn't control myself! It's just that when you pulled it out of your pocket yesterday to measure that foot pad, I immediately remembered Vicki posting a thread about it back in the winter about how you always have that thing with you. I have no idea on the face of this earth why I thought of it at that instant.

However, later when I was driving to the house, I decided I had to tell EVERYBODY that I saw it!

Now, I did find out today what the suggested retail price for those new electric rear stabilizers are. Not including shipping and handling, they are $510.00. As I said, I have purchased one at the Lippert employee discount price without the motor. I will install it on my Challenger this weekend. Next week I will report whether or not it is doing a better job than the two cheapies that are on there now. I suspect that it will since it is one complete assembly and automatically adjusts to the contour of the ground as it is lowered and supports evenly from side-to-side across the rear of the coach.

Everyone, have a fun and safe Memorial Day holiday and remember why we recognize it.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote