Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2005, 05:26 AM   #1
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Soon to be full timers

Hi
WE hope to order our Montana 3400RL on 20 Feb 2005 for delivery 1 May. Must get King bed and some other special order stuff so we can"t get it right off the lot.

We would appreciate any advise for options, etc. with the 5er. when we order.

We live in VA BCH but are selling out and going incognito, as much as possible in todays society.

Plan to take a year touring USA, then next year picking up the places we missed.

We love golf, Ballroom dancing, etc.

Would love to hear from anyone.

RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hello and welcome to the MOC. I'm sure you'll find lots of fun and interesting stuff here. We too are traveling around this wonderful, beautiful country of ours and enjoying every minute ... we've already worn out one digital camera and are well on our way to getting the new one broken in. Trust me when I say you're going to have a lot to "pick up" ... we've been doing this for almost two years now and have lots and lots and lots left to experience. If you're interested, check out the Our RV Travels link in my signature ...

If we were ordering a new Montana today, we would definitely get at least one Fantastic Fan. We would also not get the second AC prep ... unless you plan to spend a lot of time in extremely hot climes in the summer. We got it and have never found the need to consider adding the second AC unit. However, as you will find as you read through the various threads here, pretty much anything and everything connected to your Montana comes down to personal preference.

You've got a lot to look forward to!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You've chosen a great unit. We love ours. We have all the extras. I agree with Vicki about the fantastic fan. We love the fireplace also and the day and night shades. We do not have the second ac but are wired for it if we decide to add. If you think you want a washer/dryer I would highly recommend making it a part of the deal and have the dealer install. Also we added the covers for all vents and the dealer installed before we picked up the unit. We also had them add the extra electric outlet under the computer desk. If you are going to hook up a computer system, you may need it and it keeps a lot of things off the desk. I have the speaker system and battery back up plugged in there. Enjoy!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Oh yeah! Don't forget slide-toppers!

Sue named a lot of great things to consider, some of which we didn't-think-of-wish-we-had. There are just so many goodies ... too numerous to remember. If you can get your hands on an option sheet from your dealer, it might be worth your time to compare that list to corresponding threads here on the forum ... then base your decision on what you want/need/or may possibly need/want in the future. Then there's the color decision ...

Do you homework ... then have fun when you order!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Well, we done ordered the 3400RL. Due in Mid April. had to make several option changes, etc.

Really excited about getting on the road. House goes on the market very soon. Anyone know what to do with our old furniture, etc. We will not have a permamnent base. Just our Montana turtle shell.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Congratulations on your decision. We wish you many happy miles in your Montana. We share in the excitement with you and look forward to hearing about your adventures. We just sold our home 6 months ago and are truly enjoying more time in our Montana.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Joe and Virginia ... We sold our stick home two years ago and after deciding what to keep, we then gave some things away and sold some things. We then made arrangements with a local auction company to take the rest for a living estate sale. All we had to do was box everything up and their truck came and took it all away ... they even sold my car! We didn't have to deal with garage sales or newspaper ads ... we just waited for the check to come in the mail. The stuff we decided to keep is safely stored away in our sons' basements ... after all the years of their stuff in our basement, we love that part of it!

Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ... either on the forum or by email.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Joe and Virginia! We know the excitement well and we also know the apprehension as the time approaches, the part about "are we doing the right thing" and "will we like this". All I can tell you is we love the lifestyle and our apprehensions proved to be of no consequence. Fulltiming can be whatever you make it to be. It will take awhile to adjust and to realize you no longer have to see and do everything in a week or two. You're not on vacation. You'll need some days to do the "reality" things like laundry and cleaning. You'll want some days to just be retired and stay home. While you will have some commitments on your time, holidays with the kids and the like, the rest of the time is yours to enjoy your travels. I hope you find it as enjoyable as we do.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:47 AM   #9
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Joe & Virginia.....CONGRATULATIONS.... I would love to do what ya'll are doing, however, my other half isn't quite ready for that adventuresome step.
Just a reminder that we're having our 1st Annual MOC Virginia Region Rally in Staunton, VA, May 18 - May 22, 2005.
We would love to have you join us other Montana Owners for a great time together. At present we have around (10) rigs that have made their reservations with Walnut Hills Campground. You can find more info by going to the forum listed under "North American MOC / Virginia Region" and the campground info is at their website..
http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/
Welcome as a MOC member and we hope you can make our rally in May.
Marshall & Rosemary
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote