Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #181
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Yes, hooked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawPilot View Post
There IS a second gray handle under there, but it does NOTHING???
Yeah, it is hooked to the second gray, which exits out of the single gray outlet. But I didn't know that when I first tried, since it's next to the black lever, I hooked my hose to the black outlet. No gray came out whenI pulled that handle. That's why I was cussing Keystone.

dlscott185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #182
captjac39
Established Member

M.O.C. #21192
Just went through the walk through with the dealer, there is a handle for gray water take under the kitchen and there is a black and gray water handles behind the tires and are labeled.
captjac39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #183
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I have a separate thread on the dump valves including pictures from when I was under the unit and also pulled down part of the bottom to trace the actuator cables. Here is the story:
There are two dump lines. BOTH gray tanks dump from the line in FRONT of the triple axles. The Black tank dumps behind the triple axles. This makes the lines about 10' apart!!! Sadly there is no reason at all for this as the gray line and black line exit the belly only a few inches apart. They could have very easily have routed the gray lines into the black line and saved us a whole lot of headaches!!!! I plan to modify same myself but I would really like an explanation from the Keystone "engineer" that thought that stupidity up!!!

Anyway to further add to the confusion, Keystone in their infinite wisdom put one gray tank pull up by the gray tanks outlet but the other gray tank pull is back by the black tank pull (which would logically make you think that tank dumped with the black tank right?). To put the icing on the cake the second gray tank and black tank pulls are located directly behind the rear tire. You know where they would be difficult to reach and would get sheared off if you ever had a blowout......Brilliant just brilliant!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #184
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
By the way I have another post out there about the TV antenna booster button. On most Montana's folks are saying it is behind the bedroom TV. On our units it is to the right of the living room TV in the lower right cabinet. There is a small button on a wall plate and a light. If the light is on the booster is on and if you hookup cable it will be fuzzy. Turn off the booster and cable signal is clear as a bell.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #185
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Brilliant just brilliant!
Just noticed that today when we went to inspect repairs. It really does seem senseless. So to be clear, the rear gray valve DOES do something - it drains the rear gray tank into the forward gray outlet.

The Aviators TV Website | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel
Streaming Episodes (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon)
OutlawPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #186
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Another head-shaker, but at the dealer level today. They installed a Winegard Trav'ler and couldn't figure out where to put the dish controller box and power block. So rather than discuss it with me they decided it would work best on the kitchen pantry so a run of cords and blocks is the first thing you see when you walk in. Oh, and they drilled a hole in the side of the pantry to feed the satellite cable. Hideous!

Would an obvious place not have been in one of the cabinets next to the TV in the living room!!!!

Old 03-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #187
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Just noticed that today when we went to inspect repairs. It really does seem senseless. So to be clear, the rear gray valve DOES do something - it drains the rear gray tank into the forward gray outlet.
Yes sir that is correct. Rear valve pull drains rear gray tank (shower/vanity) to the front gray outlet.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #188
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Another head-shaker, but at the dealer level today. They installed a Winegard Trav'ler and couldn't figure out where to put the dish controller box and power block. So rather than discuss it with me they decided it would work best on the kitchen pantry so a run of cords and blocks is the first thing you see when you walk in. Oh, and they drilled a hole in the side of the pantry to feed the satellite cable. Hideous!

Would an obvious place not have been in one of the cabinets next to the TV in the living room!!!!
Yep that would seem like a very obvious!!!! There is tons of room up in that area plus power and of all things a TV!!!!!!! Idiots....

What is really sad is just how obvious some of this stuff is. I mean even someone with ZERO training in the field would know better......Where on earth do they get these techs?

Sorry for your issues.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #189
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Yeah, and that was the guy they proudly boasted was their most experienced tech with over 30 years experience. He said it was the only place they could find a power outlet! We pick it up in a week. They had better make it good as new by then.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #190
captjac39
Established Member

M.O.C. #21192
First time out,was fun and comfortable. Figured out the waste tanks omg they should make a manual for this rig. I do have a couple of questions since Keystone never replays. As you walk into the door there is a light ab o e your head then another further in. I can't find how to turn them on, they don't come with the other ceiling lights.
Second, I can't get ice out of the ice maker and doesn't have water. Is there another turn off for it?

Thanks
Joe
Old 04-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #191
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjac39 View Post
As you walk into the door there is a light ab o e your head then another further in. I can't find how to turn them on, they don't come with the other ceiling lights.
Second, I can't get ice out of the ice maker and doesn't have water. Is there another turn off for it?

Thanks
Joe
Congrats on the new rig, Joe! We pick ours up on Wednesday but remember wondering the same thing about the lights during a recent walkthrough. There's a switch on the main control panel for those lights if I remember right.

As for the ice maker, it wouldn't surprise me if the water line feeding it has a shutoff valve somewhere for winterizing. Haven't done anything involving water with ours yet so I'll be watching for a reply from someone who knows for sure.

Anthony

Old 04-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #192
captjac39
Established Member

M.O.C. #21192
Thanks Anthony,

I was thinking there has to be a shut off somewhere, damn if I can find it yet as with the lights, I tried every button I could find, if you find yours please let me know. lol
Old 04-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #193
agggitator
Established Member

M.O.C. #21185
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmstewart View Post
Bought ours in sept. This is by far worst quality out of 14 rvs I have bought Keystone don't seem to be as good as forest river about fixing things so we may be having problems.Wish forest river made this floor plan Been camping for 30 years but getting a $60000 piece of junk makes me want to just sell out Dealer in Jackson tn not a lot better I hall a golf cart none of d rings in right place to tie down Had over a page of problems have fixed lots of things myself First time we used it commode was dripping water in storage compartment did not even have seal under it fixed myself seal was $17.60 still have not got my money for it when u step out door first step is 10 1/2 in. down can't raise steps up everybody else step like that staple under roof hot water heater leak ac covers look like they been drug down road no ice from ice maker bedroom carpet has no padding under it and floor uneven this is just a small list of things wrong
I bought my 380th in December, I was able to use it for a bout 2 weeks. It has been at the dealer getting warranty work done. I had about 20 things that needed repair, from the garage slide, furnace, down to little things like the forgot to put the weight on the kitchen faucet. I am so disappointed the I wish I could just return it and forget I ever bought it. I'm about to make my 4th payment and I haven't even used it.
I am going to pick it up today, hope things are better and I can enjoy it.
agggitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #194
Jimmy2546
Established Member

M.O.C. #20508
help with satellite inputs

OK I have tried everything. I set up my SWM Directv dish and obtain a great signal on the 101,103cb and 99cb satellites so I know its not a signal issue. There are 2 satellite inputs and 1 coach cable input in the water compartment. For some reason I can only get the signal to reach one location. If I set it up using the living room connection the bedroom doesn't work and says there is no signal. If I set it up using the bedroom connection then the living room doesn't work and says no signal. I have the signal coming from the satellite to a SWM power adapter then to a directv splitter. From the splitter I have 2 short rg6 cables going to both satellite inputs. [one for the front tv and one for the back tv] Am I doing something wrong? I have had two directv techs come out. Both were clueless and suggested that there is a splitter somewhere in the walls or ceiling of the RV that is bad. I also made sure the antenna power booster is turned off so it doesn't interfere with the signal. The only way I have gotten both the bedroom and living room to work at the same time is to run a rg6 cable straight from the dirctv splitter through the window and straight into the back of whichever box is saying no signal. I'm actually thing the directv techs may be on to something. How the hell would the dealer be able to fix that?
Jimmy2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #195
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2546 View Post
<snip>
...I have the signal coming from the satellite to a SWM power adapter then to a directv splitter. From the splitter I have 2 short rg6 cables going to both satellite inputs. [one for the front tv and one for the back tv] Am I doing something wrong?....
</snip>
I would say YES!. The cable from the antenna goes to the Splitter first. Connect the left hand output port of the splitter (I think it has a red circle above it) to the power inserter cable, Then connect one of the other outputs from the splitter (if you have more than two) to the cable for the other receiver.

I have my LR receiver and power inserter inside the RV next to the TV. The inserter output cable goes to the cable which ends in the convenience center labeled LV Satellite. My splitter lives in the convenience center. I connect the antenna to it there and it sends the signal to the other receiver inputs.

Here is a picture of how mine is connected.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DirecTV SWM Wiring.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1485

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:33 AM   #196
CamoGreg
Established Member

M.O.C. #19718
Quote:
They wouldn't think a full length door with a vent or grate would be less odd-looking???
Looking at the door now for awhile, I think it has more to do with the height of the door opening.
Meaning they used a door standard to most of their interior door openings, only this opeing is taller.

Instead of building a door that fit, they raised the door up so the big gap is at the bottom and not the top. The door knob is higher than usual too.

The bathroom opening is 72". Both doors are 24 x 71".. but the bedroom opening is 74".
CamoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #197
rfulton0513
Established Member

M.O.C. #21514
Hey guys and gals. Just picked up my 381TH three weeks ago on a Friday and went immediately to camp in it to test everything out for three days. I have pretty much the same issues that most people talk about with it being very dirty inside on pick up but that could be a dealer issue and not a Keystone. I also had issues with the auto level but that was due to user error. I was able to Karen how to rehome the autolevel and now it is working fine. Some other things are the ice maker but I don’t use it anyway. I did find that there is a water value to the ice maker in the bottom right beside the fridge behind a black cover that you have to unscrew to get to the valve. Also my toilet paper holder was not screwed on but that could be dealer issue. I did have the washer/dryer combo put in and it works great. Besides that everything worked great and I really love all the space. We are not full timers as we just normally use it for the spring thru the fall and normally about 6-8 times a year. I guess my question for now is has anyone stored a golf cart in their garage and how was it. This is one of the main reasons we got the 381 was for the garage and front living room. I currently don’t have a golf cart but that willl be one of my next purchases. Thanks for the help guys.
rfulton0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #198
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGreg View Post
Looking at the door now for awhile, I think it has more to do with the height of the door opening.
Meaning they used a door standard to most of their interior door openings, only this opeing is taller.

Instead of building a door that fit, they raised the door up so the big gap is at the bottom and not the top. The door knob is higher than usual too.

The bathroom opening is 72". Both doors are 24 x 71".. but the bedroom opening is 74".
They couldn't get a door that fits then???

Old 04-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #199
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGreg View Post

Would you really want these "craftsmen" cutting a hole in a door for a vent?
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #200
captjac39
Established Member

M.O.C. #21192
My golf cart just fits, I didn't strap it down and it moved forward and the windshield left a rub Mark on the forward wall. I'm you g to try to back it in next time or strap it down. Where is that panel on the fridge for the ice maker?