Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
JEROME
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22972
Tire weight info

I am looking for some one in my area that can do individual wheel weights. I have 2019 3720 RL I live in charlotte NC . I am trying to get this done before we leave for the Keys. Thanks A lot Jerome &Judy

JEROME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Most Escapee parks can do it, but I don't think you'll find one until you get to Florida, at Busnel.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #3
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
If you are near a CAT scale at a truck stop, you can play games during a weigh in. I split the front and back axle and weigh normally. Then I pull thru with one side off the scales. That probably puts a little extra on the other side because of one side being higher/lower, but not much.
Cat scales give you 2 weigh ins (assume you will drop the trailer or load it or something). So when done subtract the axle weight from the individual weight and you get the other individual weight. Costs something like $10-15.
If you want the truck individual weights too, you can run thru again and do it again only doing the truck instead of trailer.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME View Post
I am looking for some one in my area that can do individual wheel weights. I have 2019 3720 RL I live in charlotte NC . I am trying to get this done before we leave for the Keys. Thanks A lot Jerome &Judy
You might check with https://rvsafety.com/schedule. But give Trey & Susan Selman an email because their schedule is constantly changing. Click on Central Texas for the contact page. They might have another team working your area. They did ours 2 years ago and will do it again in a couple of months.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Individual wheel weights?

I read this post this morning and I thought he was asking how much a wheel and tire weigh...as in how much does it weigh when you are changing a flat. I thought maybe I would run out and weigh the spare which would be easier than taking a wheel off. It was very early this morning before I had finished my first coffee. Reading the follow up posts this afternoon - DOH!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote