Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2005, 07:27 AM   #21
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob Pasternak,
Hello Bob.... Is that a new pick-up from the one you had last Sept. at the MOC RALLY?

If you're going south from San Francisco be sure and drop us a line. Where exactly are you going in the San Fran area? Up to the north coast area or right in the bay area?

Have a great trip.

HamRad

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #22
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Lord willin', we start our trip to Alaska and the Rally on June 11th with stops at Nashville, TN, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Flathead Lake area, eastern B.C., and Alaska. We'll be in Seward, AK the first two weeks of August. Then we'll head home via western B.C., the Columbia Gorge, Oregon coast, Reno, Scottsdale, AZ, Fort Worth, TX, Branson, MO, N'ville again, and 15000 miles later.....Sweet Home Alabama. Whew! It's a five month trip....our fulltiming test route. Can't wait!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy and Glen, when you finish that trip we'd appreciate hearing about your experiences. We'd like to make the trip to Alaska one of these summers.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #24
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Hamrad: Yes, it is new. The one we had at the rally was a 2001. When we were coming back from FL in March we went up to Charleston, SC and one of the new, quiet Dodges parked next to us. My female companion heard it and bugged me ever since to get a new one. I tried to tell her the one we had only had 50,000 miles on it but to no avail. We missed some things in San Jose and Monterey when we were there so that is a couple of the places we'll be stopping.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #25
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We'll be sure to post as we go along, Steve. My memory won't last for five months!! By the way, we found a place where they sell Blue Bunny ice cream in Pigeon Forge. Hee, hee!
Old 05-14-2005, 02:09 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, the Walmart SuperCenter has Blue Bunny, including Homemade Chocolate and Homemade Vanilla!

Bob Pasternak, were you at the rally at Pla-Mor last September? Did you change userid since then or are you folks one of the few we missed getting pictures of? I can't find you in my pictures of the individuals at the rally.

Congrats on the new truck. They are very nice. From what I've heard I think the new Dodges are the quietest of the big three diesels in the current models.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #27
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Steve; We weren't registered guests at the rally; we just drove down there one day with the truck. We only talked to a couple people, HamRad being one of them. We were only there a couple hours.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, I'm sorry I missed you. We were almost directly across the street from HamRad.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #29
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Walmart's Blue Bunny isn't covered with hot fudge, a cup of whipped cream and cherries.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #30
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
It is beginning to be an eventful year for us.. selling the house and starting to fulltime..(currently fulltiming in our driveway). We go to Copalis Beach May 25th to June 1st. Then after retiring in August we will move to Bastrop, Texas. We plan to be at the Rally in Nevada in October and will probably be in Corpus Christi at Christmas time. By the way Tillamook Ice Cream is better!!! If you get West at all, try it!!!!
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #31
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for that ice cream tip, Myrna. Ice cream is certainly an important part of our vacation. We're going to be camping near Tillamook, Oregon in September. Is that the right place to taste some?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:44 AM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, that's downright cruel to tell me that without telling me WHERE you found it!

Myrna, we spent a month in Austin in Jan 2004 and visited Bastrop a couple of times. We really liked that small town, especially the neat, old downtown area.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #33
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
As full timers, we spent the winter in Ozark, AL just getting to know family after 25 years in AK. Don't forget to email me if any of you Alaska bound folks need information! We are working our way up the east coast to Staunton, VA for the Virgina rally. From there to Colonial Williamsburg, then Minnesota and more family in June. We'll hit the rally in Bremen in September and the rally in November in Reno, then back to Alabama, we love the park in Ozark! Other than that we have no summer plans. This is a major life adjustment for me, because I am a planner...husband is not, so we are trying this his way for this summer...we'll see how it works out. So far we are having a great time. Hope to see you all at the rallies.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #34
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That sounds like a grand plan, Kim. We may just have to get together when you're in Ozark next winter. It's not that far from Montgomery. I'm also a planner. I've had so much fun planning our trip to Alaska that I hope the real trip won't be a disappointment, but I'm sure that won't be a problem. I'd love to have your suggestions for places we should visit. Maybe you can email me.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #35
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Will do Judy!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #36
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson
Some people have said that I am already on vacation since I am self-employed.
THEY CAN WEAR MY SHOES ANYTIME!!!
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:22 AM   #37
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Pasternak

We're leaving here (NW Indiana) May 17th for Billings and Great Falls, MT then over to Mt. Shasta for Memorial Day. After that we'll probaly go to San Fran and catch some of the things we missed when we were there 2 years ago. After that, back across to NV and Utah for a few weeks. We rarely use interstates but we will going to Billings because of time constraints. Last time we went west we covered almost 10,000 miles.
Hey Bob,

I don't know if it's your picture or not, but does anyone else think the unit looks like it needs to be leveled out more? Looks like in the picture it sits HIGH in the front!
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #38
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Hi Sue: It's the way it's sitting. I checked it on level pavement and it is about an inch higher in back than in front.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #39
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
My job goes into "reduced hours" starting about the 3rd week of June which means I'll be working only Mondays and Tuesdays until the first part of September at which time I'll be back to full-time. So we have planned some 5 day trips to the beach at Bodega Bay pretty much throughout the summer since the husband can't take vacations. (That's the pits of owning your own business).

I'll take the Montana over to Bodega on Wednesday mornings and he'll come over on Friday nights after work.

My daughter and I are trying to plan a trip via Amtrak to Seattle and a car trip to Santa Barbara. I have a couple of weeks that I have scheduled off work in July and August and hope make those trips then.

We also have the "Best in the West BBQ" event in Reno on Labor Day Weekend. We'll be staying with the Montana at the GoldRanch RV Park located just outside Reno on I-80 if anyone wants to join us.

I saw a few folks mentioning ice cream in their summer travel plans. If you are on the Oregon coast at the town of Florence, try the "Oregon Trail" flavor at "BJ's Ice Cream". Oh my..... it's great stuff!
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #40
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
If the Lord wills, we'll start the summer on Memrial day weekend at Rabun Lake with a bunch of friends from church. Then begining on June 1st we will spend a month at Fort Mountain State Park in North Georgia as Campground Hosts. Then we come back home for a couple of weeks to meet our new grand daughter who is due about that time. The 3rd week of July we'll be in Pigeon Forge, TN for a family reunion. Then we're off to Chambersburg, PA for a wedding and will return home just in time for Debbie to start the new school year.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote