Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2004, 03:40 AM   #21
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
We bought the Splendide 2000S Washer / Dryer Combo. It is the only one that will fit in our camper due to the area it has to fit into. It works great for smaller loads but that’s all we need while camping. We’re not doing a week’s worth of clothes in one day. While staying a week or longer we use the W/D on a daily basis to clean our laundry. We were setting it up the night before and running it early in the morning. You can set it to run and forget it. No need to take wet clothes from the washer and put them into the dryer with the combo units.

Our camper has the W/D in the bedroom in the rear of the coach. On our first outing the machine bounced all over the place. After the first trip I built a bracket/brace to hold it in place and haven’t had a problem since.

We chose to purchase a W/D because the wife refused to use laundry mats any longer. Too many bad experiences there with rude people and children that run amuck.

Bill

Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:47 AM   #22
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
You are having it installed in the closet, is that the closet in the bedroom? I LOVE this unit but won't look at getting one until they have a place to put a w/d, which they don't have right now and I don't want it in my clothes closet.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Thiffault

Penny,

We purchased the same model that you are speaking about 3650 step down kitchen and we love it ! However, our salesman suggested we have the washer and dryer unit installed in the closet - left hand side. We had this added on our contract and installation is scheduled for next Monday. I am still hesitating if I should go ahead and do it as it will take up half of the closet space. ^We have had this unit since june 04 and have enjoyed our summer very much. If you have any specific questions about this particular unit, just send me an e-mail and I will gladly answer you.

Good luck
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:50 AM   #23
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
That's nice to know about CW because we were going to have them install it for us. Glad we didn't and paid the extra to have our dealer do it for us. *knock on wood* we haven't had any problems with our since we had it installed, they did a great job.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BillyRay

we had camping world install it...not sure on the time frame as it was there for quite awhile for some other things (unrelated) I was not happy with the installation though...very poor quality. camping world sub contracts through Alpin Haus in upstate NY (not sure how other stores do it) and I could have done a better job! I paid $150 for the install and the had to fix it three times to date and still not done. while traveling the w/d broke loose bouncing all around. they tried attaching it to the shelf a few times and now I have several holes in my shelf! needless to say when it goes back in next week they are going to replace the shelf ( they just don't know it yet!)
I still to this day don't know if the unit is saposed to be bolted to the floor or not. most people I talk to say that theirs just sits there, but in the 3685, the w/d is all the way in the back of the camper and bounces alot during travel.

the w/d it self I haven't had any problems with and we are very pleased with it. hope this helps!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #24
Montana_2122

M.O.C. #2122
Yes we are having it installed in the master bedroom closet, if we go ahead and have it done on Monday. I am still hesitating about this as it will take up a lot of room in the closet. This X-mas we will be travelling to Florida (with the 2 kids + 2 dogs) so space is important. So a decision needs to be made - laundremats or 1/2 a closet ...

This model is the best - very roomy and very confortable. We love to cook - enough room for two cooks !

Pat

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

You are having it installed in the closet, is that the closet in the bedroom? I LOVE this unit but won't look at getting one until they have a place to put a w/d, which they don't have right now and I don't want it in my clothes closet.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Thiffault

Penny,

We purchased the same model that you are speaking about 3650 step down kitchen and we love it ! However, our salesman suggested we have the washer and dryer unit installed in the closet - left hand side. We had this added on our contract and installation is scheduled for next Monday. I am still hesitating if I should go ahead and do it as it will take up half of the closet space. ^We have had this unit since june 04 and have enjoyed our summer very much. If you have any specific questions about this particular unit, just send me an e-mail and I will gladly answer you.

Good luck
Montana_2122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, on your 3295RK (like ours with w/d) it goes in the closet area next to the throne room, not in the front main closet. That area has the w/d prep if you got that option. I think on our website is a picture of our w/d in that location. click on the url in my signature then on 'our home'.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #26
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
We added a stackable set in our 3670RL and it has paid for itself. We tried that going to the laundromat and wasting 2 hours or so and it just wasn't for us. We did give up a closet but the 3670RL had a full-length closet across the front of the bedroom and it has lots of shelf space and hanging space so we don't really need the other closet. The female #29 fans loves the idea of just doing the laundry when she feels like it--day or night--and it sure beats lugging home tons of dirty clothes after you've been on the road for several weeks. And like most have said, the washer will hold a medium sized load or more. It's the dryer that needs the limits. Definitely a plus for us.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote