Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
3500RL warranty repairs

Hi Everybody,
After long silence I would like to share with you about my experience with my Monty. We are absolutely in love with our trailer and we are looking forward to next camping trip. We did not have any major problems with the unit, but we found some minor problems which were corrected by our dealer. Here is the list:
1) Crack in the dinning table
2) No cable reception in the bedroom
3) Front left speaker did not work
4) Broken speaker bracket ( rear speakers)
5) Faulty microwave
6) Two windows were binding
7) All lug nuts rusted after two rain storms
8) Reverse hot water line in the galley faucet
All above were fixed or replaced by the dealer.
I still have couple thinks to take care of like famous thermostat and
short or loose brake wire some place.

Have a Happy New Year.

Jerzy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Only 8 problems and a couple pending...Gosh..that's not bad at all.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am glad to hear your dealership got you up and running again. I hope you have many more trouble free trips ahead this coming year.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Jerzy Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing about your new Monty.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Jerzy, that's a pretty encouraging report. We are getting close to pulling the trigger on a new Monty, and expect to have a few problems as with any new coach. It sounds like your dealer is being responsive and that's all you can hope for. Happy camping!
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Good Evening All, and a Happy New Year!

We purchased our 3400RL this past Nov. and have thus far taken it on 2 trips. After the first, we took it back for some warranty work as follows:

1) Replace a missing wooden plug (that hides a screw head) on one of the chairs
2) Adjust the bedroom slide for better sealing when it was extended.

Other than that, everything has worked great - a much better track record than our Chevy 2500HD!

Also, thus far no problems with the Mission tires - which have been taking some pretty hard knocks.

The more we stay in it, the more we like it. The more we stay in it, the more time I have to investigate the workmanship, and the more times I have been impressed.

I have spent many years in the the office products business working for companies that spend a lot of time trying to make their products better, and easier to use. I feel that the Montana boys have and are doing a very good job in designing the product to be useful and functional. They have also done a very good job with the workmanship.

For example, just take a look at the dining area.
1) Pedestal table rather than legs that get in the way of getting seated.
2) Table slides away from you for easier sitting down
3) Storage area in each of the seats
4) High back chairs for comfort
5) Fold out table extension when more table top space is required

This is just the dining area. There are many more things throughout the trailer that clearly show Montana has taken some effort to design things that really are better and more functional.

As I look in the corner of the bedroom where the walls meet the ceiling, I see molding that comes together with compound cuts that allow the curves in the molding to match up rather than just butt up with an 1/8" gap - pretty impressive, especially when you look at the competition.

Im certainly not a Montana saleman, but I am a person who has looked for nearly two years for the perfect trailer. The closest one I could find was the Montana 3400RL - the Montana because of the good-sense design and workmanship, the 3400RL because that's the one my wife liked!

Too each his own, Rick.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rick,
These are the stories we like to hear, I am glad that your Montana is treating you well. Hope you get to spend more time in it during 2006!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:12 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Good report Rick.Encouraging to one who is about to purchase a Montana and with the demise of the 3670 RL if the new floorplans do not impress Helen the 3400 was her second choice.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
Hi Rick,
I am very happy that there are more happy owners of the Montana.
I did share my problems to let everybody know about the problems they
may experience. I was very happy with my dealer response to the problems. I am vary impressed with the Montana. Like with every product we may encounter some problems and this is normal in my opinion only difference is how is the manufacture and dealers responding to it. Happy New Year to all.
Jerzy54 is offline   Reply With Quote