Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
A place for your Monty?

How many of you park your Monty on your own property? We are lucky in that respect. We live in a rural setting that is not incorperated or have any ordinances against rvs parked on your property. We do have friends that have to store theirs in storage. Thats one thing in favor of full timing.. Jack Fulling timing soon now.....

Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Jack-
We have 1-1/2 acres in a non-restricted area and have the Monty parked next to the garage. It also has it's own cover to keep the sun off as much as possible.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Jack, I started a thread similar to this a few months ago, and we truly have a mixed bag here at MOC! We park ours in the back yard on a gravel driveway.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
We park ours right next to the house. No HOA in my development.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Our Monty is in our driveway. We had to pave 25'long X 2' wide to get it past the eves of the house. The neighbor (Slumlord) had a fit. I don't know why, it is our property. He said it would make his rental look disgusting.....I told him it would look much nicer then the rocks he has piled up on his side of his driveway. He called the city. He told me I had to have a surveyer out. I told him you get it, your the one that is complaining. He came back over and told me that the city told him he had to get a civil engineer at great expense to him. He gave up. Sold the property and the new folks that moved in want to pour concrete on their side of their side of their driveway to so it will look just as nice! Took care of that PAIN we have had for over 25 years.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have about 3/4 acre in the city but a rural setting.We are allowed to park along side the house as long as the front of the RV is behind the leading edge of the house, which it is.We poured a 40 foot by 12 foor extension to the existing driveway a few years ago so there is plenty of room for the new and larger fifth wheel. We also have a dump station as a result of the city discovering that some of the downspouts, on our street were connected into the sanitary sewer system, ours included so instead of correcting the problem we converted the side downspout into a dump station with the cities approval since what we are dumping is exactly what is supposed to go into the sanitary sewer. So we have the perfect setup.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #7
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
We park ours in upper driveway nest to my work shop. Have a 36 foot b y 14 foot RV port that I back her under. Just got through last weekend running a true 50 amp service up the the RV port works everything now. Had too small of wiring before and had voltage drop issues, but no more.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We currently live in a townhome complex that barely has enough room for the vehicles that people can't park in their cluttered garages, so we rent a space in a RV storage/personal storage/wine storage yard. However, we'll be retiring to Prescott AZ in about 1-1/2 years and will buy into a development that will allow us to build an RV barn attached to the garage. Preliminary plans call for it to be 45' x 18' so there'll be plenty of room to open the slides inside if I need to do work without moving it outside. We wanted the enclosed barn so that we could insulate it and not worry about winterizing. Hopefully, we wont' be home often enough to worry about that!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #9
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We park ours in the drive way. We live in the city but have almost an acre and there is no restrictions. We are right at the edge of the city limits and it is urban. In the winter I store it in a building.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We have a seasonal site that is three hours closer to our grandson. On weekends when we're not traveling with the Montana, we drive over and invite the grandson and his parents up for the day. We can't park in our subdivision and this only costs slightly more than storage. We take the car over, so we cut the fuel costs significantly.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #11
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Ours is parked next to the house and is hooked up to a 30amp circuit. We are on two acres so it is no problem to have it here next to the house. Only wish I had a covered spot for it, but maybe in the future.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #12
sassyone

M.O.C. #2401
We are living in a rural area of Washington State ( on the Olympic Peninsula) and we have almost 3 acres. We park our 2980 and my daughter's 34' Cougar on cement slabs that we poured next to the oversized double carport. It is very nice to have it so close to the house for packing purposes.....
sassyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The only reason we are own the stick house we do is because it had room for RV parking. We love our previous house but it had no room for the 5er and we had the neighbor from hell that complained if the 5er was in front for even 2 hours. The house was on an incline so we couldn't get it in our driveway. So at this house it has a 3 car garage so bit driveway and we poured a new driveway for the 5er all along the side of the house into the back yard. Our previous unit fit fine but Monty is bigger so hangs over a bit because we wanted to go back far enough so we could get all the slides out. We have a separate 30 amp service and water. Sewer outlet is on the back and is about a 20 ft run but we can do it if we have to. We may upgrade to a 50 amp service. I can look out the window of my office and see Monty!
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #14
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
We have a large back yard and that is where the Monty stays. No restrictions from the city. It is so nice to be able to work on the Monty when you want to. This week's project was to drop the underbelly and put insulation around the water lines and replace those plastic drain caps.
Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:49 AM   #15
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Ours resides at Dillo Villa - a one site RV Park on our 13 acres. We have full hookups, Dishnet, telephone, BBQ, fire ring, picnic table, chairs, firewood stack, tool storage, etc. + it doesn't take any gas to get there !!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...14373334TRIPWG
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 03:34 PM   #16
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
We live in Michigan and Florida in rural areas both has acreage. In michigan it's park in front of the barn with full hook up about 90' from the road and in Florida about 420' on it's own pad with water, phone, and electric.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:20 AM   #17
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Jack,
We have a large back yard and with so many fir trees around us, a good part of it was (and still is) covered with needles. So the grass didn't grow well. So instead of fighting the yard, we paved a large section of it, about 1/3rd of it. (About 20' x 50' all together). We now have room to park and work on the Monty and the grandkids have a lot of room to play on their bikes etc., with still lots of grass to play in too.
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:28 AM   #18
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
We keep it next to our house, city ordnance states must be back from the front edge of the house, subdivision says a fence must be in front. No problem, 6' fence with the Montana Logo showing over the top. I also installed a 50amp service so we can get the fridge ready early and keep the humidity down with the air conditioner.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:28 PM   #19
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
We built a 64x64 pole barn. Part shop part hunting cabin (we have 80 acres) and part home for our 2006 3400rl. It's so nice to be able to keep it stored inside and plugged in. MY husband made sure the builder put in 16' doors so no matter what we had it would fit.
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:05 PM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have 5 acres 12 miles from nearest town in CO. Our Monty sits near the yard on it's own drive. Next year we hope to have a drive through barn for Monty. With connections to our septic tank, water and electric. We have a plugin for it now in it's drive way. We paved our drive ways with recycled asphalt and Monty has some of that too.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote