Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Under Sink Water Filter

I have tried a search and can not find an answer and I just know one of you will be able to help. We bought a new water filter for under the sink and need to drill a hole in the counter top to install it. Is there a special tool or drill bit needed to cut through the tile? We sure don't want the counter top to split get ruined in any way.
Thanks,

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
If it's Corian or whatever that material is, I would think that a properly sized keyhole saw with the correct teeth for the material would do the trick. You could ask at Home Depot or something.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Be careful, I don't think the countertop with the one-piece sink is not true Corian. It seems to have a fiberglass-type base to it. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
When I drilled the countertop in our 3400 for a new faucet, I used a regular hole saw. First I drilled a hole in a 3/8" piece of plywood, then clamped and taped it to the countertop as a template. Course I did that because there was already a hole there for the old faucet. But it kept the saw square to the top, and there was very little chipping.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:43 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thank you. We had heard that it is not true Corian and that you can chip it pretty easy. I am glad you have already tried it Firetrucker. Bill said he will do it your way.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 AM   #6
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Why would you need to add another faucet when all you need to do is put the filter in line on the cold water side of the supply line before your oem faucet.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

I have tried a search and can not find an answer and I just know one of you will be able to help. We bought a new water filter for under the sink and need to drill a hole in the counter top to install it. Is there a special tool or drill bit needed to cut through the tile? We sure don't want the counter top to split get ruined in any way.
Thanks,

Helen
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote