Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
2955rl King Size Bed???

I really like the Montana 2955rl as a hole to be my top pick as a 5th wheel choice. The 2955rl fit and trim makes it a very nice choice in its price range. However, the one thing I do not like is the lay out with the toilet room at the left and the shower to the right. This set up blocks the view of the bedroom, mainly the bedroom slide. The salesperson said with the addition of the king size bed option that the shower and the toilet would be moved to opposite side of the 5th wheel. After looking at other sources to view the change I am unable to see the switch of the shower and toilet with the bed change. Are there any 2955rl owners that have had this change to a floor plan?

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard labarnas. I've never seen a Montana with toilet and shower on the same side. Nor have I seen a floorplan for something like that. On this forum we have the current 2005 floorplans and I don't see that in any of them. It's possible there is a change at the factory that offers what you suggest but I'm not aware of it. I would suggest you call Keystone direct and ask their customer service people. I would no way plunk down money on the word of any salesman (sorry, any salesmen out there!).

I think a lot of us would appreciate hearing what you find out. Maybe someone here is aware of this situation and will post a reply.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Thanks for the reply, but to clarify the salesman said that with the addition of the king size bed that it would place the shower and the toilet on opposite sides???
Old 02-27-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Labarnas, I'm at a loss. The shower and toilet are already on opposite sides with the standard queen bed. Keystone is good about answering questions and could probably clarify for you in short order. The number is (574) 535-2100. Ask for customer service. Good luck. I hope you find the answer to your question. Please post back and let us know what you find out. Sorry I'm not aware of the answer to your question.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
labarnas - are you saying that they reversed the sides for shower and toilet? In ours the shower is on left and toilet room is on the right (going into bdrm). Do you feel that the bdrm slide is blocked view wise because for toilet going on left side and shower on right? I think the offset of having a kingsize bed would out weigh the change or view but then we don't have a view of the head of bed just normally looking for living room into bdrm. Good luck with your decision.

I just looked at the floor specs and think what you are saying in regards to view is from the doorway were you catch the corner of toilet room - seeing more the middle to end of bed/dresser area - is this right?

Again good luck.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:40 AM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We looked at a 2955RL with a king size bed. going up the stairs the shower was on the right and the toliet room was on the left. The king size mattress is rounded at the end corners..I thought it was nice(womans point of veiw!!) Hope this helps. Kathy
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:34 AM   #7
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
According to my dealer the king bed option vs the queen bed does not alter the floorplan in any way. We just ordered a 3475 with the queen bed and expect the layout to be the same only with more walking room around the bed. I've been in a 3475 with the king bed and ours with the queen is due to arrive within the next week. If there's any difference in floorplan I'll post and let everyone know.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Labarnas to the MOC,

I cannot see why they would change the floor plan just for the edition of a kingsize bed. The fact they they removed the sliding doors between bed and bath gives them more than enough room for the larger mattress with the current floor plan.

I have to agree with Steve and suggest you call Keystone direct and ask their customer service people. I would no way plunk down money on the word of any salesman.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #9
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We have the 2955rl and it has the toilet room on the left going up the stairs and the shower and sink on the right. We have no problem with the setup. I heard they reduced the size of the toilet room, however, and that we would not like. We would not give up our wood door divider for a king-sized bed either.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #10
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Thank You All for trying to help us through this problem. I called Montana today to get to bottom of this. I found out the floor plan stays the same with the king bed option. My sales man was way off when he said the shower and toilet room swapped sides! My wife would have liked it better if she could see the head of the bed so she could doll it up in some way. We are still considering the 2955rl and are looking at the Challenger 29rls fw, and the Everest 294rl. They have the bedroom arrangement my wife is looking for.

We were quoted a price on the 2955rl of 31,8000 with wheels, dinette, hide-a-bed, end table, ceiling fan, arctic package, and selector switch. Does this price seem beatable? We live in south central Illinois. Hope to see you soon at camp!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:39 PM   #11
Montana_3028
Established Member

M.O.C. #3028
I can tell you that our 3500rl has the King bed option...and it's nice to have....the bed is still not real comfortable.....but that can be replaced...got for it...
Montana_3028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 AM   #12
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We got the king bed on our 2980RL (it was a surprise, we thought we were getting the queen). The toilet is still on the left(the room is smaller, but not by much), shower on the right. Lost the wooden doors, but with just the 2 of us, we didn't care. My wife thinks the king bed in our Montana is more comfortable than the $1500 king bed we have at home. That's fine by me, means she wants to spend more time in the Montana, which means more time on the road!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote