Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Any word on the new Montana?

In talking with the Montana factory folks back in September we were told the Big Sky is going away and will be replaced by a new model built specifically for fulltiming.

Has anyone heard any more about this? Will the new one carry the Montana name like the Big Sky did?

I saw a post where someone commented the 2005 models seem to have taken on some of the Big Sky attributes so that fits with this.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything. I think it was mentioned the new one would debut in November (this month) but maybe I remember wrong on that.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sounds like your getting the itch to trade Steve.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:44 AM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Steve, we heard basically the same as you. It is my understanding that the "new" line will be called Summit and is scheduled to debut at the dealer show this month. I do not know if it will carry the Montana name.

We have a 2004 1/2 model that has many of the BiG Sky features, ie. six panel doors, molded counter tops, updated axles which are basically 2005 changes.

Our dealer has been in touch with us (he knows I have the "fever") and informed me that the new 3400 will have the king bed option, plus other models as well, but not sure which, as my expressed interest is in the 3400. He also informed me that they will not carry the new "Summit" as it is an upper end unit and their market place (ultra conservative small town) won't support it.

Hope this helps.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Summit. Mountains. That follows. Thanks for the info, Vickster. Please post if you hear more.

Tom, no, no itch here. Just traded trucks so now have insufficient funds for trading fifthwheels!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Steve, since selling our Monty about a month ago my dealer is keeping us informed on any info he can pull from the Keystone reps. That isn't much but they did confirm a few floorplan changes in the Montana and a new line replacing the Big Sky. I'm really anxious to see this new lineup as I'd be very interested in moving into a higher end unit as long as it really offers more and not just costs more. My dealer has promised to bring me back info from the Louisville show which I think is in the first week of Dec.

If there's nothing that catches our eye we'll probably order a 2980.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Chester, when you get some info on this would you mind posting some of what you find out and your impressions, if you have time?
Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Will do Steve.

I would also ask anyone who gets any info to please post it here. I have to make a decision by Jan on what to order and will not likely get to see any of the new rigs in person. I'm a little nervous ordering "off paper" so any input from all of you folks would be appreciated.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:09 PM   #8
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Looks like some very interesting upgrade/model changes coming up in the near future. Please keep us posted. Happyrving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:42 AM   #9
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
We should know something next week. I just tried to contact my dealer friend and he's already on this way to Louisville for the dealer show.