Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Happy Fathers' Day!

To Everyone It May Concern,

Happy Fathers' Day!

Steve

Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:08 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! Hope you are all being treated like Kings today. My husband forgot, and cooked me breakfast as he usually does on Sunday! He is such a great Dad and Stepdad! I guess I'll have to make sure I cook him an extra good dinner.

Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Steve -

Happy Father's Day back at you. Tell Kim that Terrie is recovering from knee replacement surgery and will be ready to go shopping again at the fall rally. Hope to see you there.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Ron,

Thanks! I was able to talk to both my daughters, today. Very nice.

I hope Terrie enjoys her new knee as much as I have mine! And I hope she bears up with the therapy people who seem so happy to see pain and suffering in post-op patients.

We may not end up being able to attend the Fall Rally, after all. We’ve lingered in southern Alabama for so long, now, that we are itching to hit the road. We’ve got plans for staying the winter in southern Texas for a change. And will attend a Renaissance Faire in mid-Texas, late in the year. What with the cost of diesel, and scheduling, we may have to pass that rally up, I’m afraid.

Kim’s going to get back to the Rally thread(s) to update anything she may have already posted about previous hopes. But I doubt that will stop either Kim, or Terrie from ANY shopping! LOL!

I wouldn’t mind being able to rummage through the RV surplus shops in that area, though. I want to pick up a spare set of stabilizers like the one on the rear of this rig. I want to install one right in front of the wheels to kill motion without the hassle of using these slide stabilizers. But if I can’t, I know a couple of websites where I can pick a set up with the proper amount of travel for around $100. I’d love to be able to show THAT improvement off at a rally!

Take Care,
Steve
Old 06-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Well, if you do make it, I'd love to hit the RV surplus store with you. It sounded like a lot of bargains. Terrie's knee was complicated by the fact the doctor broke her tibia while doing the surgery. Said her bones were "soft". She had the partial knee replacement. So, they had to put a plate and four honkin big screws in her tibia. She can start walking on it a week from Tuesday. I imagine you've had plenty of "hot" weather down in Alabama. Watch out for hurricanes. It's that time of year again.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Ron,

Ow! I’m sorry to hear the problems she’s had. I had arthritis for ages, plus my right leg was part of what I’m a Disabled Vet for…Nerve damage. So recovery was a pain since I hadn’t used some of the muscles in it for decades.

Luckily, though, I have good bones!

I don’t look forward to having it refurbished when it wears down enough, just because of the therapy after surgery! But it’d be an easier surgery, I’ve heard, since only a part of it will have to be replaced, then. The big work’s been done.

I’ve had it with humidity percentages following the temperatures. But it still beats being in the Fairbanks winters!

Looking forward to drier air out west. Maybe stay around New Mexico a while, too. Spent a lotta time in the high plains during my Air Force days.

Kim’s on line with her laptop, right now. So I’m sure she’s updating things.

Take Care,
Steve