Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
Kitchen faucet will not turn

I went to move the kitchen faucet from one sink to the other and the faucet would not move. It feels very tight but seemed fine yesterday. I looked underneath and all I see is the big nut that holds it in place and nothing moving (or leaking). It will move slightly but I can hear what sounds like a "crunching" kind of sound. Any ideas?

trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
I had that happen to my faucet in my home and had to replace it. It was parts within that failed. Luckily it was a Delta and they have lifetime warranty, called and they sent me a new one.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Don't loosen the big nut unless you want to remove the faucet. Loosening it will allow the entire valve body to move along with the water supply lines. At least that is true if you have the single handle faucet and I believe the 10's did. If you can describe the faucet you have perhaps we can be more help. Jim
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Get an Allen wrench set. pop out the little red and blue dot on the underside of the handle and find the Allen wrench that fits. Loosen it and then lift the handle off. OH YES, SHUT OFF THE WATER FIRST AND RELIEVE THE PRESSURE! Ok now you will see the round topped housing, you will need to use pipe pliers with soft jaws or a rag to loosen the dome. When you get it off you will see a copper ring holding the ball valve in place. You can use the tips of a pair of needle nose pliers to remove this ring. This will release the ball with little black o-rings on it. Carefully lift that out of the tray it sits in and set aside so you don't lose the o-rings. Now you can lift the faucet assembly about a half inch, just enough to put some silicone grease on the big o-ring on the base of the faucet. You will not be able to lift the faucet all the way up because the sprayer hose keeps it from coming off. Once you get the faucet back in place swing it back and forth several times to insure that is swinging freely. Now reverse the process. There is a slot on the ball and a tab on the housing it sits in, make sure they match up. Snug the copper ring down around the ball and test the ball to make sure it is also moving freely, you can also put a tiny bit of the silicone grease on the o-rings. Reassemble the rest of the faucet and test it out. this should keep it moving freely for another few years..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
Thanks. I'll give that process a try.
trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote