Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Bad Day In the Big Sky (re-visited)

Just got off the phone with Sky Meadows RV in Starke, Fl. and with Craig at Keystone. Somebody ain't talking or communicating with somebody else. Keystone has not contacted the service center in the last two weeks, and Sky Meadows hasn't contacted me either. At the moment I feel like they both dropped the ball. I can't go to my home dealer as they are in central Wisconsin and we are in Savannah Ga. I guess no matter who I go to for service it is going to be another run around. The nearest service to us is Sun Coast in Jax and they couldn't get us in for at least two weeks. So they referred us to Sky Meadows and they came out to do the estimates. At no time did ANYONE tell us that that service call would cost us 175.00. Regardless of that we are still waiting for Keystone after three weeks and will still be waiting when we get back to Wisconsin. Craig was trying to be helpfull but his statement that "your rig will be in warranty till Oct" didn't help my day. I guess that means that I don't get service till Oct. Maybe I just need another cup of coffee... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Dave and Betsy,
My first time in the forum and am not currently a Montana owner. I'm looking at the brochure from the local dealer on the B.S 10th Addition model 340RLQ. This is the model that we are anticipating trading our current 5er in for. We are fulltimers and use our current 5er as our only home. I wondered if your 340RLQ has treated you well and is it worth the extra $$? The model we saw was nicely set up and probably will purchase it. I also asked about the new paint scheme and graphics package, and the dealer told me that he would have the paint added locally if we purchased on off the lot or we would have to wait 4-6 weeks for one from the factory.
Any suggestions would be helpfull.
Thanks
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Stimpy123 I sent you a PM
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Gang,
I certainly don't understand the delays to warranty service. When my Chev had a problem, such as when the spedo went bonkers, the service writer told us that he would order the part and it would take about a week and he would get us into the shop to affect the repair. The part came in and a day later I was good to go. I realize that a broken spedo isn't the same as a black tank problem nor as restricting.
My Brother-in-law has a new 5er (not Montana) and his emergency window fell out enroute. It took two weeks for their home dealer to "get to them" and another two weeks to obtain the part. The were told that the "paying customer" gets first choice, to which I replied, didn't you also pay for your rig?
Hope by early Monday you have a resolution to your issue and can get back on the road again. I can feel your frustration, and only wish you the best. I hope also that this is an isolated warranty and not the normal operating policy.
Regards
Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Maybe the words "Better Business Bureau " or the words "Attorney General" might get there attention at the factory. Why should you have to put up with this run-around. This is the RV industry at it's finest. Also I guess the word "lemon law " hasen't been put into their vocabulary yet. But let them keep it up and it will.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Stimpy, this is sort of an isolated incident. We, as well as many others, have had great service from our dealership and from Keystone. However, when something like this happens to you, it really doesn't matter if it is a isolated incident or not. It is still extremely frustrating and disheartening...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Good evening all,
I agree that even if isolated incident, if it happens to you, it still is a pain. The idea that a person is shut down from going anywhere because of lack of communications on someone else's part.