Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Pocket door off track

The pocket door that separates the living room from the bedroom came off track, so now can't close or open it without having to lift it up with difficulty. A bolt fell out. How can it be fixed without taking it completely apart? That pocket door is a poor design. Any suggestions on how to fix it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ronnelly,
Ours went something like this.
The 3 wheel roller has a stud protruding from the bottom, that slides into a slot in the bracket that is screwed to the top of the door. There is a plastic hook that swivels around the stud when in the slot that locks it in place. This hook came loose on ours letting the stud come out of the slot. Lucky for me, it was the one closest to the handle side of the door. I put a piece of duct tape behind the roller, on the track, to keep it from rolling away, then lifted the door up and slipped the stud back in the slot. Once that was done, I swiveled the hook around and made sure it snapped in place. It takes some patience, and some growling, but it can be done.
Maybe this is what happened to yours also?
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LonnieB

Ronnelly,
Ours went something like this.
The 3 wheel roller has a stud protruding from the bottom, that slides into a slot in the bracket that is screwed to the top of the door. There is a plastic hook that swivels around the stud when in the slot that locks it in place. This hook came loose on ours letting the stud come out of the slot. Lucky for me, it was the one closest to the handle side of the door. I put a piece of duct tape behind the roller, on the track, to keep it from rolling away, then lifted the door up and slipped the stud back in the slot. Once that was done, I swiveled the hook around and made sure it snapped in place. It takes some patience, and some growling, but it can be done.
Maybe this is what happened to yours also?
Ours did it in the back inside the wall. Thanks for the help. Will have to figure how to do it the harder way -- maybe??
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
When mine fell off, I removed the top molding on the bedroom side. It's only held on with a couple staples. I took the door out and looked down in the pocket to see if any parts were down there. The stop block which had been held on with 1 staple fell off. I cut a new one and screwed it onto the back of the door in such a way that it won't fall off again. Then I remounted the door and installed the molding with oak panelling nails. It's worked better than ever since.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote