Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Valdosta GA (Actually Lake Park) - Camping World

Anyone had any experience with Camping World off of I75 in Valdosta/Lake Park Georgia? Since I am close by for a few days, I have schedule an appointment to have the wheels greased next week - on our way west.

It seems each Camping World has its good and bad. Just curious if anyone has used this one for service?

Thanks in Advance for your input.

awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
The Lake Park CW is the closest service center to my home port and I've used them three or four times this past year for warranty work. Obviously every experience is different, but mine have all been positive. The service reps are all very professional in their approach and well informed as the Keystone warranty process. They kept me informed in regards to each step of the warranty/repair process, i.e., inspection/analysis, communication with Keystone, parts ordering, and expected timelines. In all instances the repairs were completed as promised or sooner. The showroom is larger than others that I've been to and the sales folks have always been helpful and attentive. There are also a couple of RV parks within a mile or so of the CW in case you need to overnight the night before or after.

Good luck!
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
While staying at the campground just down the road called Eagles Roost, ran into an angry couple who felt that CW had done damage to their rig while parked on their lot, and CW would take no responsibility for the damage. Very nice Class A diesel pusher with the back end passenger side crushed. They were doing battle, we left before anything was decided.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #4
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Thanks for the info. I plan to stand right there (yes for 2-3 hours) and watch everything.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #5
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecker1 View Post
The Lake Park CW is the closest service center to my home port and I've used them three or four times this past year for warranty work. Obviously every experience is different, but mine have all been positive. The service reps are all very professional in their approach and well informed as the Keystone warranty process. They kept me informed in regards to each step of the warranty/repair process, i.e., inspection/analysis, communication with Keystone, parts ordering, and expected timelines. In all instances the repairs were completed as promised or sooner. The showroom is larger than others that I've been to and the sales folks have always been helpful and attentive. There are also a couple of RV parks within a mile or so of the CW in case you need to overnight the night before or after.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the information. We are currently staying at Grassy Pond Campground - Moody AFB just up the road. We are scheduled to arrive CW at 9 AM on Thursday, as we head out. We will stop at CW, have the work done, then head to Defuniak Springs for a few nights then on to Perdido Key. Moving West a little at a time - Keesler AFB, Lake Charles, Schulenburg, San Antonio/Canyon Lake, Corpus Christi NAS.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by awheeler View Post
Anyone had any experience with Camping World off of I75 in Valdosta/Lake Park Georgia? Since I am close by for a few days, I have schedule an appointment to have the wheels greased next week - on our way west.
It seems each Camping World has its good and bad. Just curious if anyone has used this one for service?
Thanks in Advance for your input.
Everything went great! Pulled in to Camping World in Lake Park Georgia about 20 mins before our scheduled time of 9:00 AM. Pulled out at 10:45 AM.

Talked to the Mechanic/Tech that did the work - Matt - and he stated that with the miles we have put on the 5'er the wheels looked great. The grease still had color and the brakes looked very good.

The counter folks, especially Erica, were extremely friendly and accommodating. When I mentioned the fridge was full, she said "no problem we will hook up the power and keep things cold".

So, overall, excellent experience with this CW. It is a great place to stop if you find you need work done while traveling. The town has a great home-style restaurant, people are friendly, campgrounds close by.

Overall, excellent experience.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #7
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
The people at Camping World Lake Park have always been very nice to me. I've stopped there 4 times on my trips to Florida and stayed at their campground next door. When I'd register they'd ask me if I belonged to Good Sam, I said I did but it expired, they let me stay at the campground free for reupping.

Last time through they had sold the campground but the new owner is still very reasonable.