Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #21
Caniel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21610
This has been a eye opener.
Thanks

Caniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #22
dennis hogan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17659
I was spraying off the love bugs once at a Texas State Park off my cap after arrival and setup ( no soap or brush just a quick spray ) and the park host said I could not do that because of gray water run off? Made me wonder how much they go in panic mode when it rains.
Cannon Ball Express Train air Horn 185dB
dennis hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #23
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
If it's a place I might want to come back to I would care. Besides, if they have rules it's because of something that happened in the past. Like the park that told me about a sewer line repair that resulted in the contents of the black tank on the ground. Or the other park I was in who had the waste oil bucket from a class A oil change dumped over on the gravel.
X2
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:58 AM   #24
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Just remember, we are the one's who cause the rules to be written by the things we do at rv parks. If you stay in a park with concrete pads then there rules will probably be a little more restrictive than one with gravel or dirt. I'm not full time so i can do all my general maintenance at home but i understand the need to have a place to do maintenance and repairs when full time. Changing a tire at a rv park is something i would not even ask the owner or manager about. If they didn't like it then i would not give them any more of my business.
Well said...The people across the street from us on our last trip (at a COE campground) were doing some sort of repair (other side of the camper, I couldn't see what) and the guy had his 110v pancake air compressor out...(no problem)....with it kicking on/off every couple minutes...(still no problem)....for an HOUR AND A HALF!....Now we have a problem! I would look the other way for quick repairs that really need to be done to make the unit road worthy (flat tires and such),....but if your making a bunch of noise with power tools for extended periods, you need to leave. It's rude and disrespectful to everyone else in the park.
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #25
Dreamersandtravelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14250
We rarely stay at 'resort's - most restrictive! We go to mostly city, county, & state, NP or BLM. Relay went bad and could not retract our level system. Lacked knowledge to attempt repair - mobile chump wasn't any smarter. Had to have him fix it in order to get reimbursed by warranty was more than $25 relay. I've replaced brakes, bearing and tires at several parks. Replaced stove vent. Always warsh RV & truck using hose with a nozzle and asking office. Some places like it - waters the grass.
Dreamersandtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote