Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
MAIDEN VOYAGE

Thanks to all who welcomed us to the MOC. We just got back from our maiden voyage after having picked up the new rig last Friday, 1 October. Oh, wow! I truly can't think of the words to describe it! It was incredible! And Dave absolutely loved the way it towed. I agreed when he said our little Coleman Caravan swayed and moved around alot more.
We left the dealership and drove straight to one of our favorite spots, Pocahontas State Park near Richmond, VA. We pulled into the site, unhooked, put out the slides, turned on the lights - and nothing! After about 15 frantic minutes of speedreading through the ton of info on the rig, we determined that the site we were in had no power to it. So we hooked right back up (what a piece of cake compared to our TT!) and moved to another site. Light! And everything worked just like it was supposed to! Just like at the dealership! (We think we'll keep it!!!)
And on the way home north on I-95, we got a thumbs from an 18-wheeler driver! Just can't seem to wipe the smiles off our faces! We so wanted to stay just where we were - but work calls for a while longer. Can't wait. Look forward to communing with you all again soon.

CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
We'er delighted to hear things went so well. When we hear stories like yours it takes us all back to the excitement we all remember on our 1st times out. It is indeed a good life.
We picked up a circuit tester at Home Depot that we plug into outlet before we do angthing else. It has 3 lights and shows proper circuit function, like Polarity & Ground. They only cost about $5
Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Congratulations on a successful first trip. Welcome to the forum. We live in Richmond, VA but have never camped at the Pocahontas state park. We usually go to Williamsburg for short weekend trips. You must be very excited! It does tow like a dream. Hope to see you "on the road" sometime!
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Glad everything went well for you CanDo. Sometimes it can be a nightmare. the first time we were in a 5ver. the Awning worked different than the old one. That night it came a sleet storm & my wife woke me & said the awning was whipping hard so I ran out without shirt to roll it up & you guessed it I couldn't find the release lever. We had a laugh after I went in & read the user manuel. Happy camping.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
CanDo, Thanks for the posting. Glad to hear all went well on your first trip camping. Keep us posting. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
CanDo,

Happy to hear you had a great maiden voyage and you love your new Monatana!

I don't have a circut tester, yet, but the first thing I do at site, before I unhook is plug in. It's happened to me before too.

One interesting thing I see all too often is when a RV pulls in next to me and unhooks, opens the slides, hooks up the sewer, and then finds he (yes, he ) has parked where the electric cord will not reach. Has to hook back up and pull forward. I usually attribute this to being tired from the journey.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
CanDo, congratulations, welcome aboard, and glad to hear it went well! I can see your smile all the way to here!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #8
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
I can share in your excitement as we just got back a couple of weeks ago from our first big trip. I'm still smiling too and can't wait to go out again next week. Congrats and enjoy!
Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #9
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
CanDo,
Don't you just LOOOVVVE that Big Sky? Sounds like you are doing OK now. You'll find that with every trip you find out something new and learn some new little trick or gimmick that will make things easier. MOC members are good at sharing those kinds of things as are many people in the campsites where you stay. We can all learn something new from others.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:38 PM   #10
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Thanks to everyone - for your big MOC welcome and all the words of wisdom. We have already added a circuit tester to our bag of "gotta haves" and got to use it this weekend. We took her out again last Thursday and came home today. Boy, did we want to stay where we were! But work still calls and someone else had a reservation for our site starting today! June 2007 sure is looking better every day! Take care, CanDo (Chris and Dave Olmstead)
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote