Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Rear sliding window stuck in the open position

This is probably the wrong forum to post this question - but the power sliding rear window in my truck is stuck got the open position this afternoon.

It is operated by cables pulling in the open or shut direction. The regulator is behind the fixed back seat. The wire cables have a small "ball" on the end that fits into a plastic keeper to pull the glass panel one way or another.

The regulator/motor still wants to work but it only will move the cable about 1" and then stops. I tried pulling on the cable that came out and I am afraid to pull any harder without know the consequences. It is jambed up hard.

Likewise I have tried to push the glass shut and it does not want to move either. I am afraid to force the glass shut. I need to figure out how to shut the thing to keep the neighborhood cats out of the cab tonight plus we are heading out on a short weekend trip tomorrow.

I posted this same question to a GM/Siverado forum I came across - don't know how quickly someone will answer. Just curious if anybody here has had similar experience. Thanks in advance.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Update

I got the window in a position with slack in the cables and pulled the cable out of the "pull to open" side then I could close the glass. I'll deal with it next week or the next week.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 AM   #3
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
The cable is wound around a spool operated by the motor. Over time for whatever reason, the cable can get wrapped over itself and causes the condition you describe. The cable portion is available separately and is not hard to replace. If you're reasonably handy, you should be able to replace it yourself. #25980205 is what I looked up at my local AC Delco distributor.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote