Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
rsaf
Established Member

M.O.C. #20825
Slide out cable off

I have a Montana Mountaineer. I was trying to center the cable on the bracket for what reason I am not sure . But the cable came out of the bracket. Now it's to short to put back in. The other 3 are still on was going to pull it in a little and try to slip on but thought I should ask first Any help would be great. Thanks Ray

rsaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Ray, I have the Bal system on my bedroom slide and there is a procedure you have to follow to do any adjustments as there are four cables that interact. First, you have to identify the manufacturer of your system, then download the documentation to understand what you are dealing with. This is one place where you don't want to be winging it. If you have the Bal Accu-slide system, you want to download their service manual. BAL is a Norco Industries brand and their website is www.norcoind.com. Telephone is 574 262 3400 in elkhart indiana.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Assuming you have moved one of the four outside cables out of the outside bracket, you may be able to pull it to get it back into its keyhole slot, but probably will need to slacken the cable to get enough slack to do that. Hence you need to understand the overall system. If you can see the motor and gearbox, you will be able to see the chain drive and the connectors that link the eight cables together...two cables per connector. Each connector will have a color coded label on it to Identify whether it is an "in" cable set or an "out" cable set. It will also tell you which cable is the bottom cable or top cable. The system code is red color for out cables on left side viewed from outside, bottom and top. Purple for out cables on right side, top and bottom as viewed from outside. Blue for inside top and bottom on left side as viewed outside or on right if viewed from inside the rv. And finally, green for inside top and bottom on right side as viewed from outside or left if inside. The four cables you see from the outside are red connector top and bottom out cables on the left, and purple connector top and bottom out cables on the right. If you can't see the motor gearbox for your slide system, there should be a removable panel. First, identify your system, download service manual, look over it and your slide to understand what you are faced with. Good luck. John
Old 05-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
rsaf
Established Member

M.O.C. #20825
John, I am looking from the outside at the slide. It is the bottom right side is that the purple bottom? This is what I think you mean. Mine is a Norco product also.
rsaf is offline   Reply With Quote