Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972

My wife and I are fulltimers. We are thinking of buying the 3850 to replace our 3575. Anybody. out there have one and would like to comment on the good and bad, things to watch for, etc?

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not to confuse you, but when we were at the factory for the Rally factory tour they showed us a new prototype expected to be in production by November. Many folks, including us have a 3735 on our list for the future.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We have the Big Sky 3850FL on order, but will not be able to answer your question for at least a month. First extended stay will be Thanksgiving.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by moutard2

Comment removed by Lady RV. We do not discuss or promote SOB (some other brand) regardless as to whether it is a Keystone product or not. Thank you for your understanding and future compliance.
Why should a SOB be promoted on a Montana Owner's site? Just curious!
Bingo

Thank you Bingo, you're are entirely correct. Lady RV
Old 09-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
If MOC folks can have discussions about guns, medicare, deaths, births, operations, pets, Good Sam and Uncle Sam then maybe a mention (as opposed to a promotion) of a sister product might be OK. After all, we are an open minded bunch right?
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

We have the Big Sky 3850FL on order, but will not be able to answer your question for at least a month. First extended stay will be Thanksgiving.
Bingo
Come back and post or drop me an e-mail. I would appreciate it.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Will do Mike. George and Rosetta (Jay Bird) also have one on order that will be arriving about the same time.
Bingo
Old 10-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Essy

M.O.C. #13779
We are in the market to purchase our first Montana! Where is the best place to start? Dealers? What is the best time of year?
Help!!!!!!
Essy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Essy,
Your purchase should be no different than purchasing a car or any other item. If you know the model number of the rig you are interested in, the easiest starting place is the internet with the aid of a search engine. New 2013 models can be had with great deals since the 2014 models are rolling out. There is a forum member (HOOK) who works at the Fayetteville Camping World and you could PM or email him and I assure you he will be straight up with you. He sold us the rig we have on order and he and his General Manager made us a deal we are happy with. Your location will most likely dictate the general area where you need to search for dealers so that you can explore the options that are out there with regards to floor plans and what particularly interests you. RV show season is ongoing and provide good settings to see what is out there and usually have some good deals as well. Hope this helps with your journey, but basically the simplest thing I can say is see what you like, then deal for it with a couple of different places to get the best price. That is the approach we have always used. Local service may be important to you as well.
Bingo
Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
RV shows for sure!! as a owner of a company that has done many trade shows it cost a lot of money to rent a booth (space) pay employees ,transport RV's (product) travel expenses, etc... etc... We want VOLUME Sales!!or Hard P.O's to make it worth our while, that is where I bought mine is at a RV show because I knew they want to MOVE product
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #11
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT!!!
We are an open minded bunch -
unless one or two individual has the power to close our minds/delete.

Originally posted by moutard2[/i]

If MOC folks can have discussions about guns, medicare, deaths, births, operations, pets, Good Sam and Uncle Sam then maybe a mention (as opposed to a promotion) of a sister product might be OK. After all, we are an open minded bunch right?
[/quote]
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Quote:
quote:Comment originally posted by moutard2 removed by Lady RV. We do not discuss or promote SOB (some other brand) regardless as to whether it is a Keystone product or not. Thank you for your understanding and future compliance. [/font=Georgia][/i][/blue]
Let's not forget the MOC mission statement as posted on the MOC Home page.
"To Provide Montana RV enthusiasts a calm and inviting atmosphere to exchange valuable information, and enhance their general RV-ing experience."

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I must not be looking in the right place, because I cannot find any information on what can and cannot be discussed on this forum, with the exception of political, religious or personal posts.

In the relative short time I have been a member I have seen the names of other RV manufacturers mentioned in a thread, no one seemed to jump on those indiscretions and have them removed.

In this particular case, one member seemed to think the mention of another Keystone product was not in the best interest of all of us Montana owners and members of the MOC. It was brought to the attention of the administrators and the post was subsequently deleted.

I don't understand why the mere mention of another RV brand causes people to get in such a tizzy here. We have links on the website to many different RV manufacturers along with links to manufacturers of many other products.

As members of the MOC our interests lie in the Montana line, through this forum we benefit from the vast knowledge of long time owners and newcomers alike. The mention of another brand of RV should not send us scurrying to pull the blinds, turn out the lights and call out the national guard to dispatch the word from this forum. I would like to think we are secure enough in the reasons we purchased and own our Montana's that we are unlikely to be led astray by the mention of another brand.

Although I was unable to find it, I recall a recent post where someone favorably compared his Montana to someone's SOB (which was named). That post was not deleted, presumably because the other brand was portrayed as a lessor product, or could it be that no other member took exception to way that particular SOB was mentioned.

Lets all be "calm" here folks, we are supposed to be enjoying the "privilege" and benefit of this forum to enhance our "general" RV-ing experience.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
That be me Ed and others, I have mentioned my buddies Grand Design a few times when another member bought one of their recliners to replace the Montana Flair recliners I did not see a big deal about mentioning how nice they were(I sit in his all the time) and another time was about our Marathons and I said at least they do not put the cheap tires my buddies rig has on it ,but I would never start a thread about a SOB that is for sure, This is a Montana Forum and I love mine but I'm with ya ED just Mentioning a SOB should be no big deal IMO But it ain't my Forum and if the Moderator Dislikes it and lets me know I will refrain
Old 10-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #15
Essy

M.O.C. #13779
Thank you!!!! That has been the route my wife and I have been taking! I guess I just needed a little word to confirm what we have been doing.
Is there any big differances in the 2013 and the 2014?
I don't care where I have to go to get a GOOD deal! As long as I can save some serious money!
Thank you everyone for your help!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Essy,
Your purchase should be no different than purchasing a car or any other item. If you know the model number of the rig you are interested in, the easiest starting place is the internet with the aid of a search engine. New 2013 models can be had with great deals since the 2014 models are rolling out. There is a forum member (HOOK) who works at the Fayetteville Camping World and you could PM or email him and I assure you he will be straight up with you. He sold us the rig we have on order and he and his General Manager made us a deal we are happy with. Your location will most likely dictate the general area where you need to search for dealers so that you can explore the options that are out there with regards to floor plans and what particularly interests you. RV show season is ongoing and provide good settings to see what is out there and usually have some good deals as well. Hope this helps with your journey, but basically the simplest thing I can say is see what you like, then deal for it with a couple of different places to get the best price. That is the approach we have always used. Local service may be important to you as well.
Bingo
Essy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
rvgwen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12147
Saw the 3735 at the Good Sam Rally in Atlanta today. Wow, great lay out and the new color is classy. I think Montana has a winner here...
rvgwen is offline   Reply With Quote