Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Limestone Decor (Photos Included)

We are still in interior decor selection mode for the new 3850FL. Received e-mails this morning showing the decor options available from the factory. As mentioned in another thread, we were not totally comfortable with the Copper Patina offering and the Carbon, although we were leaning towards the Carbon. Mark Krol sent me some pictures of the new Limestone decor which appears to be of interest (to me at least). DW will look at the pictures tonight and that is the last part of the decision making process. The Limestone decor is based on a primary light gray with accents ranging through shades of gray and then introduces a touch of gold (what is it with these metallic colors??) in the bedroom area. Had an interesting discussion with Mark this morning about a couple of things that hopefully will be addressed during the build including the use of white outlet covers on the exterior of a black painted rig. HE said they use black covers on the High Country models and said that he is thinking the black covers will be used on the latest Big Sky's. They are planning to offer factory installed LED lighting beneath the awnings and said that it may be on the builds starting in October (as mentioned in Captain Joe's post a few days ago). Told him we were interested, but it was not a have-to-have item. DW and I will make the final decisions this evening and it looks like the order will be placed tomorrow. Hope she agrees with the Limestone, we will see and report accordingly.

Here are the photos from a 3402RL with the Limestone Decor:

Mark did mention that the gray appears darker in the pictures than it actually is, I cannot confirm that since I have not seen this decor in person.

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Just posted on your other thread that the Limestone seems to be available on the Keystone website and it looks good. We like the Big Sky package, but make sure that you get touch up paint. Mine included two small bottles of each color. We had quite a few rock chips on the lower front when ours was shipped from IN to the AL dealer. They also used clear silicone on the front cap led lighting. We covered it with black to match the paint. We also have the outside white utility covers and we will replace them with black. The 6-point leveling system is great, but as noted in the instructions, if your front end is below level when parking, the system will not remember your hook up position. We also opted for the poly coating on the RV, which is guaranteed for 5 years and requires no waxing. Good luck......
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Although pleasing to the eye ... why are RV manufacturers going to extremely dark colors on the body? Won't dark sidewalls just increase the heat in a fiver for the A/C's to overcome?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Bingo, that really looks nice. If Joyce sees one of these at the Rally we may be in trouble. She has thought the new ones all looked like "man caves". This lighter look will appeal to her.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
A valid question, but DW sure does like the darker colors!! Roof is still white rubber so that doesn't change.
Bingo
Old 08-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
That looks real nice!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Agree with Bingo. Roof is white, 19' awning on one side, slide toppers, better and quieter air conditioners, and better insulation equals any color you want.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Looks very nice
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I LOVE dark exterior, I got a black truck and I would love to have that color combo on the outside !!! I need Captainjoe's rig Whannaa trade my man????
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #10
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
@Jimmy. Nah. But you may be able to do what I did. I swapped my 2004 Dodge 1-ton dually for my Volvo truck. It was an even trade. Best deal I ever made.

Here is a link: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?s...2&showforum=25
Old 08-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #11
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Love the colors other then the black couch and recliners, just not a big fan of black leather. That is the wifes biggest beef is that seems most RV's have very dark wood or cherry wood. That wood looks very warm and is light enough to not look like you need a flashlight to enter. They are making the outside black now so you have to wash them all the time lol lol...I know I got a black truck,,,yep time to go wash it lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yep black is a bummer to keep clean but worth it to me ,Yeah I would like to have that White Volvo Captain Joe but my wife hates driving my Dually she would kick my butt out of the 5er if She had to drive that Freaking Monster
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Just for clarification purposes, the sofas are gray leather, not black. I cannot say if the pictures show the gray properly, the other thread has some actual pictures of the decor that may give a little better idea of the colors. Mark Krol mentioned that the new LED lights play havoc with the color shades in the pictures. As mentioned, that is our only worry, this is the first time we are ordering a color scheme sight unseen.
Bingo