Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Slide From Floor Height

Is it normal for the big slide to have about 1 1/2" height from the kitchen floor on the leading front edge when it is in?
My slide is off the floor higher at the front corner a little more than the back corner along the front edge when in. And what is acceptable for height off the floor?
Joe

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Mine is high too, I haven't measured it but it looks like about an inch. It's definitely pretty high. I'll go measure mine and report back.

My manual mentions this height is needed in order to ride on the nylon runners in order to retract into place. There are also documented cautions that one should NOT walk on these edges while retracted - I suppose it's because this can break something or cause some other problem. I have been very careful not to walk on mine. If I carry anything in that section of the slide (mine has the dining table and fridge I ensure the items are as far back to the wall and away from the "hanging edge".

If your slide retracts and extends evenly and there are no gaps from the outside when it's retracted, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Epilogue (on edit): I did some measurements. My 3500RL kitchen slide is carpeted and sits over the linoleum tile floor. I lifted the carpet edge which overhangs about 5-6 inches and measured a 1-1/2 inch gap in the front edge towards the pin and a 1-7/8 gap in the back. This is pretty much what you are seeing so either we are both just fine or both are messed up, but with the way my slides operate I think we are good.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ditto Art on this, I know our slide for the dining room table is elevated at least an inch when retracted. If the seals on the outside are in full contact and the closing is complete, there should be no worries.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote