Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Johnsonw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9830
Need to install new Electric Awning

Long and short, I had an accident with my 5th wheel and I need to replace my Electric Awning. The awning was torn off the side of the 5th wheel. The mounting holes are compromised where they are rivited on. The lag bolt holes are still solid. I was thinking of three options. 1) Moving the awning up ~1 1/2 " and making new mounting holes, this will allow me to cover the old holes with the new hardware, but I will need to patch all the small holes where long molding that attaches the awning to the 5th wheel wallis moved. 2) Move the awning right or left ~2", but this will require patching the side hardware mounting holes. 3) leave the awning in the same location and filling the rivit holes and redrilling. Any opinions or comments are welcome.

Also, should I replace with the same awning (9100 Dometic), or is there better options?
Thanks
Walt

Johnsonw is offline   Reply With Quote