Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Complaints vs compliments

Mostly we see nothing but complaints on here but We have been living in our new home for 6 months now and it has already survived 1 tornado with no damage. I am very satisfied to date with this 3791RD. The only thing I could complain about is the thermostat. It is hard to set and wants to go to Celsius. It even goes into the wrong mode while you are setting it. When you finally get it set it does work. We are just 2 peas in a pod in here. 3 with the dog.

shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
This is a fix and repair forum. Normally we don't come on here and say "we just took a 3,000 mile trip and everything was fine." We do come on here looking for help and advice if something breaks. There are lots of Montanas on the road, that's why there are lots of us looking for help and lots of posts.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
I like my 2013 quite a bit, but I, myself, have also fixed a bunch of stuff during the first few months that we owned the rig. And we have fixed some things since. I look at it as it is...a trailer that could have been built a little better when assembled...and one that should never have come with load range e tires and certainly not marathons. Some of the new builds has shown that things are lacking at the assembly plant, whether people who don't care, people who are not able to do the job, or management that don't have a clue. Pick your choice. I like my montana, but I don't believe I will buy another new one. Just me.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
While this is the place to voice problems and complaints, when you look at the number of members the issues are a very small part of the whole.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
I you look at the number of Montana's sold and on the road verses the number of con-plant's we see hear on the MOC the % is probable less than 5% with problem that aren't easy to fix. I see more in new homes. with That said i I think you would see the same thing in all brands out there! Are new Montana that we have put some 10,000 mil's on since last year. The only thing that we have had any problems with is the window shade's they are junk!! but the are easy for me to fix with the parts. I fix most every thing my self any ways.
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I guess I see things differently as to issues with rigs now days. There are a boatload of RV's out there with problems big and small. That's why you see dealerships lots full of "to be worked on" units and that's why you usually have to book repairs several weeks if not months in advance. Imagine what it would be like if the majority of us didn't fix a thing and took it in for every little issue. If you own an RV … you have to be handy on a variety of subjects.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Hay, 90 percent of Montanas registered from 1990 to today are still on the road. The other 10 percent made it home.

Just saying is all��
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote